Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How to tell my(27f) boyfriend (26m)I hate being in his apartment?

I legit think he has a hoarding problem of some kind.

I’m fine with some mess. Some dishes unwashed, some clothes unfolded … we’re human, it happens.

But his house is unlike anything I’ve seen in person.

First of all, there was a rat living there when I first stayed over - he caught it but only after I said I’d never stay there again until it was caught.

Second, there is trash everywhere. There is a thick layer of trash under his bed. Wrappers, bits of plastic, tissues etc. behind his couch I found a bag of empty beer cans that have been there for months. He keeps cardboard boxes for things be bought because he “likes the design” even though he doesn’t use it for anything it’s literally just trash. The kitchen cupboards are stuffed full of crap with no organisation. I saw some fabric softener crammed in with some mouldy teabags.

There’s nowhere to sit and have dinner in his place. The area that would normally have a table is now crammed with keyboards and random junk. There’s a table in his bedroom but it is piled high with guitars and pedalboards. And the chair has a combination of clothes and garbage on it.

He had so many dirty clothes built up that I basically forced him to do some laundry and ended up admitting that he hadn’t done laundry in 4 months.

Usually he deflects when I bring it up. “I’ve been super busy” “I’ll tidy at the weekend” (doesn’t seem to understand that it would take a whole week to properly sort his house out) “It’s not that bad”

He is in therapy for adhd but I don’t know if it does anything because he just shuts down when I bring up how messy his house is.

Please, I beg of you, tell me how to approach this.

Tldr: My boyfriends place is filled with garbage and filth but he doesn’t ever wanna talk about it or fix it. I love him but I don’t know how to deal with it.



Submitted January 31, 2023 at 10:43PM by thanarealnobody https://ift.tt/ROxNcsK
How to tell my(27f) boyfriend (26m)I hate being in his apartment? How to tell my(27f) boyfriend (26m)I hate being in his apartment? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 01, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.