Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Rich GF (27F) Called my (29M) Place a Downgrade

So I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 2 years and while she comes from a rich family and lives in a big house in the fanciest area of our city, she has never rubbed it in my face or anyone else's for that matter and I have always found her to be quite humble in that regard. And she also says that she doesn't care about money, fancy houses or cars.

I live in a nice apartment in a decent area, a little dirty, but still considered decent, but obviously not as great as hers. We usually chill at my place for most of the time, specially weekends when we spend Friday till Monday morning at my place and I don't think we have skipped a single weekend that we haven't spent together at my place. So long story short, she spends a lot of time at my place.

A few days ago, she felt like meeting me in the middle of the night of a weekday, but obviously it had gotten late and I had work the next day and it's a 30 minute drive, so I said 'no' to her. She replied 'ugh, why don't you just move closer to me so we can meet whenever I feel like it', I replied 'why don't you move closer to me instead', she replied, 'in life, people are always supposed to upgrade and move forward in life, not downgrade'. I really got offended by it and while I didn't show it, she still sensed it in my tone that I was upset and said that she was just joking. And while she did say it in a jokey tone, it still felt like a deeply ingrained thought in her head that just happened to come out.

Now it's the weekend again, and she is expecting to come over, but I am still not over it and just want to say to her that she's not welcome at my place and that we can go out somewhere, but that will just turn into a huge fight. Am I overreacting? Should I just let it go?

She also wants to marry me down the line, but is this just a sign that she's gonna bring more materialism into our life in the future?

TL;DR: Rich GF called moving to my place or near my place a downgrade compared to her current lifestyle.



Submitted July 15, 2022 at 12:29AM by wanxta https://ift.tt/GjlP58r
Rich GF (27F) Called my (29M) Place a Downgrade Rich GF (27F) Called my (29M) Place a Downgrade Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.