Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (42m) partner (46m) becomes nasty but only in situations surrounding food.

I've been with him for 5 years. I have noticed a pattern to his meltdowns (which are often directed at me)...it's always surrounding food.

Now, he never had any food insecurity growing up. His parents actually both enjoyed cooking. As an adult, he's always had enough money for food. He's not diabetic, and he can snack anytime he feels like.

When I first met him (he was a single dad who had his daughter 1/2 the time), I noticed he had "odd" habits concerning food. He would go grocery shopping every week and buy the exact same items. And come home and throw last week's food out and replace it with this new haul. He very very rarely used the food he bought (and neither did his daughter). She was only with him 1/2 the time and in school all day. And at night they'd often get takeout (chicken, etc) as he lived right beside a store with an extensive "hot bar".

But every week, he'd faithfully buy bananas and apples and bread and milk and sliced meat and cheese and juice, etc etc. It was so odd to me. I started taking over and I made sure there was always food in the fridge but no more of this weekly tossing of perfectly good food.

Over the years he's become very angry over bizarre food issues, including:

- freaking out at a waitress because she brought him the wrong item (even though she apologized and was going to fix it). He really berated her and it was not nice.

- calling me incompetent because I picked him up a sandwich and (even though I had requested it) they left one of the toppings off. He threw the whole sandwich out.

- freaking out at me at a fast-food restaurant because he placed a complicated order for himself and his daughter (my order was simple). I waited for the food while they got a table. I accidentally handed his order to his daughter and she took a bite. He was really angry with me for that and when I got snippy back with him, he gathered all the food and threw it out.

- getting very mad at me because he felt dinner I was cooking was taking too long, so he told me "just forget it" and went to take a bath.

- I once ordered a pizza and told him it would be here in 30 minutes, so he went to lay down. I got an update that it was going to take an EXTRA 30 minutes. I didn't update him because he was laying down, but he suddenly freaked out because it was late and I hadn't told him. Actually yelled at both me and the delivery driver over that one.

- Got really escalated because we once had to wait 30 minutes for a table at a restaurant. When we were seated, his seat was the only one in full sun. He immediately blamed me (I guess for sitting in the shade), said I was selfish and left. <-- he didn't even give me the chance to offer to switch seats with him.

I'm so confused. Is it a blood sugar issue? He's had his blood sugar tested before and it seemed to be fine. I could go on and on. So many issues with him are weirdly surrounding food. And there's plenty of food to eat. Our fridge is full of easy snacks. What the hell could be going on? I don't know whether to pursue couple's counselling or a doctor!

tldr: partner becomes irrational and abusive but mainly only when food is involved.



Submitted April 23, 2021 at 07:22AM by Emergency_Author_881 https://ift.tt/3niFBX3
My (42m) partner (46m) becomes nasty but only in situations surrounding food. My (42m) partner (46m) becomes nasty but only in situations surrounding food. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.