Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (23M) girlfriend (23F) previously emotionally abused me but is now sorry.

TLDR: gf previously emotionally abused and bullied me but is now better and is apologetic. I don't know if we can stay together.

I'm really struggling to decide what to do. I have been with my girlfriend for 4 years now, and in the early days she struggled from pretty bad mental health problems (mainly relating to fear of abandonment) and as a result her treatment of me, looking back, clearly constituted emotional abuse and bullying. As a result, I have been pressurised into many things I was not prepared for (e.g. moving in together very early). However, she has since sought help for her mental health (and now the bullying is very rare) and she is now very apologetic for her past actions.

Despite the fact that things are so much better now (and even at the worst times we had great moments), I can't help feeling this will always be hanging over us (I feel it affects every minor disagreement we have), and if we keep going I will never have had the chance to really make the important decisions (like moving in together - now its been done, not living together would feel like going backwards?). This has been my only relationship and I don't know if I am missing out on experiencing a relationship that has not been tainted be emotional abuse? Equally, I don't know if I should just learn to live with things as she is so much better now?



Submitted April 21, 2021 at 09:11AM by Inner_Sense_4785 https://ift.tt/2Qd8lol
My (23M) girlfriend (23F) previously emotionally abused me but is now sorry. My (23M) girlfriend (23F) previously emotionally abused me but is now sorry. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.