Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do you have a relationship with someone who loves their alone time?

Just as the title says. My (27F) boyfriend (31M) is a lone wolf. He is so content by himself. I also enjoy time to myself by also I value spending time together to nurter our relationship and I mean I love him. I’m always happy to see him. I never get tired of him. I give him his space especially to decompress after work. I just get lonely after a while.

How do you grow a relationship where one person thrives on alone time and wants to spend time on their own more than with you?

Whenever I mention the future, he says “You know me, I could live contently on my own the rest of my life so it says alot that I’m choosing to be in a relationship, especially living together.” It feels more like I’m supposed to be grateful that he’s choosing to be with me. But I’m valuable and actively choosing to be with him? I’m not the kind of person who wants to be alone, I want a life partner.

If you can relate or are of similar personality to him, can you please help me understand? Any advice on what I can do? Please don’t just stoop to “you should just leave him”. Looking for real understanding here.

TLDR; My boyfriend loves to do his own thing and have alone time all the time. How do you even grow a relationship if one person wants to do their own thing most of the time?



Submitted April 21, 2021 at 09:22AM by and-so-on https://ift.tt/2RUmBml
How do you have a relationship with someone who loves their alone time? How do you have a relationship with someone who loves their alone time? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.