Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (29F) husband (30M) has a portrait of his ex in a house he owns.

We’ve been together for 4 years, married for 1 and I’m currently pregnant with our first child.

Two years into our relationship my husband took me to his family’s native country so I could meet his extended family. During the visit we stayed in a house he owned instead of with his family because he wanted privacy. The house had a lot of artwork but there was only one of a person. I remember asking him who it was, and he shrugged it off and said he had no idea because he didn’t decorate the house. He even offered to get in touch with the person who had purchased it to ask them about it. It didn’t seem like a big deal and I forgot all about it.

My husband’s cousin and his wife have been staying with us temporarily. A few days ago, the house got brought up because his cousin was trying to persuade my husband to gift it to him since he hasn't used it since that first trip and his cousin already stays there more than him. The cousin’s wife jokingly said they wouldn’t even charge him to move all of the furniture and would keep the painting of “Lily”. My husband gave her a look which made it obvious he wanted her to shut up, she did, and they quickly changed the subject.

When I asked him about it later, he claimed she was talking about this other painting who was by an artist named Lily. I had a gut feeling he was lying so I asked the cousin’s wife the day after and she told me all about the ex they all thought he would marry and how in love they had been. She told me how my husband had gotten the painting as a gift for Lily because she loved that type of thing. Also, from what she said my husband and Lily are still in similar social circles and that she was a family friend.

I asked my husband about it and all he really said was that his cousin’s wife was exaggerating, and their relationship was never that serious. That he forgot it was even there. I tried to ask him for more info but he refused to talk about it. I really don’t get it though. If it wasn’t that serious why did he keep the painting? I don’t know if the pregnancy hormones are making me irrational, but I feel upset and insecure over this stupid painting now. I did try to ask his cousin’s wife about it again and she dodged the question, so I feel like he told her not to tell me anything else.

How do you get someone to talk about something they obviously don’t want to? I’m contemplating asking either his friend or his other cousin who he is closer to, but I don’t know if that’s escalating things too far.

TL;DR – Husband had a painting of his ex in a house he owns and lied about it. When I confronted him about it, he minimised it and claimed their relationship wasn’t that serious, but I don’t understand why he kept the painting then.



Submitted February 11, 2021 at 09:40AM by ThrowRAexportrait https://ift.tt/3rKQhis
My (29F) husband (30M) has a portrait of his ex in a house he owns. My (29F) husband (30M) has a portrait of his ex in a house he owns. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.