Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Cutting someone prominent out of your life

Posting this has been on my mind for a while now. It’s not often I reach for support on the internet but in this case Im not sure who else to talk to.

I (F/20) have had some issues with my Mum, starting in early October when we returned from our “girls-trip” that was essentially a disaster. She complained the entire time which led to me getting incredibly upset and leaving the airbnb for 4 hours. Was it the best way to handle the situation? Probably not. But my mum is a very stubborn person who does not listening to reasoning. As response I get frustrated and upset, which only causes our issues to escalate more.

I live with my family, so I am often around my mum when Im not at work. Long story short, we haven’t been on nice speaking terms for a month now. Before that we had mini arguments that usually ended after a couple days. But this incident is different; the argument blew up, we both said some pretty hurtful things, which I have since apologized for. But she refuses to forgive me and is essentially forcing me out of the family. Any interaction if often fueled by anger and I face a lot of verbal abuse. It has got to a point where my dad has to force her to allow me to join family dinners, since I do pay a little extra rent for food. When my dad isnt around, its like I don’t exist to her. My younger brothers have started acknowledging the issue but she just avoid the conversation all together. I will note I am moving out within the next week due to the increased tension and verbal abuse I face at home.

I came to the realization that my mum has had a very poor affect on my mental health for a few years now. While I will always love her as my mum, I’m not sure how much longer I can put up with her manipulation and abuse. It is often I hear her trying to manipulate the rest of my family against me. Sometimes I think about reaching out to family overseas in the UK about this issue, but feel I am only acting out of retaliation. I know throwing her under the bus to my extended family will only cause more harm than good, but as mentioned before, I lack support in this issue. My biggest concern is I don’t want to portray her as a horrible person to the people who know her personally. My question is, how do you cut someone out of your life without affecting the other close relationships that surround her? I know cutting my mum out of my life is what’s best for me, but I don’t want it to damage my relationship with my dad and brothers.

TL;DR: I came to the realization my mum is manipulative and abusive. I am asking how you remove someone so prominent in your life without destroying the close relationships with your dad & siblings?



Submitted December 23, 2019 at 12:47PM by babychav https://ift.tt/2rtbAeW
Cutting someone prominent out of your life Cutting someone prominent out of your life Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 24, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.