Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Due to family drama, Thanksgiving has been basically ruined. Not sure what to do with my family. (15F)

Due to family drama, my family’s Thanksgiving has been ruined. Long story short, we have close family friends who are coming over my grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving dinner. They have absolutely no family to spend the holiday with so it was decided that they’d be invited. Since they have dogs who can’t be left alone (puppies being untrained, another dog with a UTI) they’re going to bring them over to dinner. My mom happens to have a dog allergy that basically no one knew about until this week. However, she expressed that she would be ok with the dogs until yesterday.

Yesterday she told my extended family that she wouldn’t be going due to her health. She blamed them for not telling her and forgetting about her allergy.. even though, they did tell her, she expressed that it was ok, and she hardly ever talks about her allergy. My other relatives have dogs and she’s completely ok around them. They got very upset and told her that she should just try to come, take an allergy med and leave if she begins to react.

Still, no. Her and my relatives got into an argument. So she told me that we wouldn’t be spending Thanksgiving with them for the first time ever. I told her I didn’t want to do that. I don’t want to leave my parents alone but I don’t wanna leave my extended family who I rarely see alone either. I feel bad either way. I told her I’d be going to see my family instead and that I was sorry. She said that if I go we’re not going to be on speaking terms and I better ‘kiss Christmas goodbye.’ I didn’t like that at all so I told her how I felt.

We got into an argument and now she wants to kick me out for it. I told her that I wouldn’t go if it hurt her that much but she just wants me gone regardless.

God, I feel like absolute shit. I don’t know how to make it better. How can I make it up to my mom? What can I even do here? I feel bad for this but I just want to see my family.

TL;DR: My mom suddenly decided that she wouldn’t be going to Thanksgiving dinner with my relatives due to a dog allergy, despite communicating otherwise a few days earlier. She blamed my family members. When I told her I would still be spending it with my extended family, we got into an argument. Now we are basically not on speaking terms and I’m not even at Thanksgiving dinner yet. I don’t know how to make it better. I fucked up and even telling her that I would spend it with my Dad, my brother and her instead didn’t help.



Submitted November 28, 2019 at 10:22AM by throwawayyy7282 https://ift.tt/2R0Nwug
Due to family drama, Thanksgiving has been basically ruined. Not sure what to do with my family. (15F) Due to family drama, Thanksgiving has been basically ruined. Not sure what to do with my family. (15F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.