Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [40 M] caught my Mother[70 F] snooping through my personal items while visiting for Thanksgiving, is it worth a confrontation about when I only see my parents a couple times per year?

I have a bit of a complicated background with my mother and have long recognized she is a snoop and busybody. She does have a lot of very positive qualities, but due to our vastly different personalities and beliefs I have purposefully limited our relationship. It doesn't help that she is an right-wing evangelical and I am gay and in a long term same-sex relationship. She has improved with firm boundaries and our relationship is better than it had been in the past.

Anyways I am visiting my parents for Thanksgiving and things are going okay, about what I expected. I went out to grab food and stuff with my father and left my backpack with personal stuff in my room. I had a bit of a suspicion that my mom wanted to snoop, so I carefully set out some stuff in the bag and laid a shirt against it, and took a picture. We get back later in the day, and as I go to grab some stuff from my room I see the shirt is slightly askew and the papers have been rearranged in the backpack. I check the pic I took and it is definitely different.

She has snooped before (and one of the reasons I stopped facebook is she was always closely following and then asking about whatever was posted). I feel like my privacy was violated, but am not surprised at all and don't really know if this is worth making an issue. She takes any criticism exceptionally poorly and is emotionally unstable, and I certainly don't want to spend my remaining time here with her freaking out and with lots of drama.

I am leaning towards not bringing up the issue at all (she's 70 and has been doing shit like this since I was a teen) and since I only see them maybe twice a year anyways I just don't feel like it will be worth the emotional drama that goes along with it. Part of me wants to just "booby" trap it with a message or something next time I visit as that seems more fun. :O

Is this crazy? Or should I say something?

tl;dr: Visiting parents for Thanksgiving. My snooping mother went through my backpack/personal stuff. She has a very long history of emotional instability and overreaction and I don't really feel like bringing it up. What should I do?



Submitted November 29, 2019 at 03:31PM by 999forever https://ift.tt/37TWS10
I [40 M] caught my Mother[70 F] snooping through my personal items while visiting for Thanksgiving, is it worth a confrontation about when I only see my parents a couple times per year? I [40 M] caught my Mother[70 F] snooping through my personal items while visiting for Thanksgiving, is it worth a confrontation about when I only see my parents a couple times per year? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.