Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

stepdad takes car I paid for possibly leaving me financially crippled

okay for context I (18f) bought a car when I was working at a fast food joint after saving up enough money however in my family you give 1/3 of the price of the car you are going to buy (cannot be a car over $6000) to my parents before the purchase. I contributed a little under $2000 (as we sorted out a deal because my stepdad needed me to purchase a gift for my mother for him as he was low on money) that would cover the extra cost leftover.

said stepdad (m48) has now decided, as car is under his name, because we were required to put it under his name in order to get the car, that the car is actually his and not mine so im no longer able to drive it or make any decision on whether it is sold or not. he has recently been taking my keys to the car and claiming that it is his because he paid most of it, keep in mind I have two older sisters (both f 19) that have contributed the same amount but are able to own their car as they are still living at home and are staying at home to do uni. however im moving to Sydney in January and had to borrow some money to put a deposit down that we decided would come out of the sale price of my car (as im selling it to move to a city) though I hadn't planned to sell it so early and my step father has taken full control over the car and claims I cannot get any money from it. im not quite sure how I can get the money but if I don't get it I won't be able to afford rent, as I had planned to rely on the money for rent for the first couple of weeks while I was working, (as I wasn't allowed a job whilst living with them but that's a story for another time) so I could both afford rent and to go to uni but if the car is sold and I am given no money I will most likely have to stay with my family and not go to that uni as it is 4 hours away, though it is the only uni that offers the course I want. does anyone have any suggestions?

tl;dr: stepdad takes car possibly leaving me unable to afford uni, any advice would be fantastic



Submitted November 27, 2019 at 01:24AM by Mediocre-Resolution https://ift.tt/2Om7zkW
stepdad takes car I paid for possibly leaving me financially crippled stepdad takes car I paid for possibly leaving me financially crippled Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.