Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (29M) tell my wife (39F) that I don't want to adopt one of our foster babies?

TL,DR: We have two foster babies and we plan on adopting one of them for sure but wife wants to adopt our second foster baby additionally where I have mixed feelings about it.

Hi everyone. My wife and I have been doing foster care for almost a year now and wish to adopt through it as we can no longer have babies. We have a 5 year old biological son and a daughter who passed away from a genetic kidney disease. Because of that, we decided to adopt through foster care instead.

In July, we got a call for a girl baby not yet born. Mom was on drugs. We said yes and have had her since birth right from the hospital. We absolutely love her and she has no current effects from the drugs. Surprisingly. Mom and dad both signed their rights away.

Before her, we had a 1 year old who was abused by mom's boyfriend. But brother of mom and his girlfriend came forward and took him. Then bio mom had another baby 2 weeks after our baby girl above was born.

In Aug, we recieved a call to take the most recent baby that was born. Wanting to support my wife, I agreed to take him.

So basically we have a 5 year old and a set of twins living with us. Its going okay but I don't feel that connection that I feel with our bio son and our foster girl baby. On top of that, my wife and I do not spend as much time together and I feel it might be taking a toll on our marriage and our health as we don't get any sleep anymore. I deeply do care for the boy baby and I love him and I want the best for him. His brother is actually being adopted by a family who has 8 kids so far. Bless their hearts and they have shown some interest in baby as well.

I told my wife that I don't feel that connection with the boy baby but she 150% wants to keep him. I hate saying this, but how do I tell her I'm just too overwhelmed and don't think I can handle raising two babies at the same time?



Submitted November 29, 2019 at 07:53PM by apdunshiz https://ift.tt/37Td9D2
How do I (29M) tell my wife (39F) that I don't want to adopt one of our foster babies? How do I (29M) tell my wife (39F) that I don't want to adopt one of our foster babies? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.