Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22M) roommate (32M) has a permanent guest and now I have a third of the amenities I’m supposed to have.

I live in a 2 bed 1 bath apartment (~800sq ft) in Florida. I was sharing this apartment with one roommate in the past. We split the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and patio. This was pretty easy to manage and we got along fine.

My old roommate moved out about two months ago and I received notice of a new roommate coming the week after.

We didn’t get to meet when he moved in because I had a busy schedule that day. The day after he moved in, I noticed I could hear someone in the bathroom when I needed to get ready for class, so I decided to eat before showering. To my surprise there was a woman in the (small) kitchen cooking. I was shocked and before she turned around I slipped back into my room to avoid an awkward encounter. I waited to use one of the amenities for a while as my class time was approaching. Just when I heard my roommate leave the shower, before I could open the door and use it after him, the girl went in and started showering. By this time, I grabbed something quick to eat and left for class without showering or providing my body any higiene. Similar instances happen at least twice a week.

Later this evening after my two classes and internship, I finally met my roommate. He introduced himself and his wife. There is nothing wrong with them, they’re really nice people. They ended up making me dinner one night and we got to know each other better.

Sadly, I can’t help to think that they are being extra nice to me because they want me to be okay with having to share amenities with more people than I should. It bugs me that I pay double than each of them and get to use less than half of the space.

Is what they are doing legal? If I say something to the apartment office will this change? Or is it up to me to set the boundaries and ask for them to respect that I pay for half of the place?

TL;DR My new roommate of a 2bed 1bath apartment has a wife that stays with us and I am wondering if it is legal or fair that I now have less than half of the apartment.



Submitted September 05, 2019 at 06:05PM by orange-blueberry https://ift.tt/2ZCQBpO
My (22M) roommate (32M) has a permanent guest and now I have a third of the amenities I’m supposed to have. My (22M) roommate (32M) has a permanent guest and now I have a third of the amenities I’m supposed to have. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.