Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (M27) traveled across Europe to see a lover, only to be cold shoulder by her (F27), leading to a public breakdown. I am over reacting?

Disclaimer: on a phone, on a bus, in middle of the night. There will be buckets of spell mistakes and bad grammar.

*Names and places changed for reasons. 

Back story:

So I met this girl "kim" backpacking/traveling in Asia. We hit it off, and had a sexual relationship over two weeks together. Then I head back to north America and she went home to France. 

We texted back and forth for a couple of months. Slowly, I stop responding because of a high work load. It real ended with her accusing me of seeing someone else. Which I was. 

We did not talk for 10 months. Then we get back to texting. She want to come to North America. I noted, I was going to Europe this summer. We agree to meet in the preyenees mountains, and do some hiking together. 

We met up in the preyenees, again are relationships was sexual. Again after 10 day she left for home. This time with an invitation to come vist her in Paris. 

we texted nearly daily and 30 days later, I arrived in Paris to see her. 

She had just moved into a house and with two roommates. We were sharing a bed together. This time the relationship was not sexual, there was no sign of physical connection. We where just friends. On the third night, I ask what was wrong. To only get an muted answer.

The event:

On day four of hanging out in Paris. We went to a sober dance in Paris. Now, the main takeaway is the dance has two rules, no talking on the dance floor and only consenting contact. I am dancing away, and kim is avoiding me. For three times I try to dance next to her, she moves away. I am dancing just fine with other people, and her own roommates. 

This is when things go sideways. I started having a panic attack. Wondering what did I due to piss of Kim. So I walk over touch her arm and ask to talk. Breaking two dance floor rules at once. She says no and walks away. I just kept dancing. 

After the music stops. Kim goes off on about how I ruined her dance; I broke the rules. We don't really talk about the issue of not dancing near me because I was afraid to sounds like predatory male in front of other dancers. 

Confused, I went home and slept on the couch. This morning, I still felt pissed off. Kim and I talk a little but she did want to work through my issues. Nor did she address the cold shoulding for the last four days. 

I told kim and the roommates, I was leaving. Then went for a coffee. Upon getting back, she had changed her mode. Huge me and ask not to leave. Which was nice, also disappointing. 

Post event.

I feel like an entitled Simi-creepy man for assuming are relationship should be sexual. I also feel really mad, that anyone should be so bad at communicating. kim and I talked for 10 minutes she fully believes I have power to solve my issues. That she can't help

TL;DR

Got cold shoulder by a friend/lover at a dance party. Then I had a panic attack, ask my friend to talk. In doing so, I broke the dance rules. Leading us to fight in public, and being blamed for ruining the night. I feel betrayed by her.

Edit ** details of us texting nearly every day.



Submitted September 06, 2019 at 07:33PM by definitelydave56 https://ift.tt/2HTzAgh
I (M27) traveled across Europe to see a lover, only to be cold shoulder by her (F27), leading to a public breakdown. I am over reacting? I (M27) traveled across Europe to see a lover, only to be cold shoulder by her (F27), leading to a public breakdown. I am over reacting? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.