Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31/F) got into a huge fight with my brother (33/M) and his in-laws.

My 14 year old Niece came over for the weekend so I took her to the local Steampunk festival, we had a blast! She loved dressing up and taking photos, looking at the booths, and watching the funny juggling acts.

I (31/F) told her she could buy one thing, she picked out a raccoon tail. I knew she'd wanted one for awhile because she mentioned it at the last Anime Convention I took her to, so I said that was fine.

She loved it, clipped it onto her outfit and wore it all weekend. Many people, kids and adults, were walking around with them. They are just silly accessories.

My Brother (33/M) and his Husband (34/M) drove down to pick her up. My brother asked me to meet them at his in-laws house.

At the house was my brothers husband's family: Sister (23/F), Mom (62/F), Grandma and Grandpa (he was sleeping in a back room). + My bothers and his husband's extra man (29/M)...(they have an open relationship).

I was getting things out of the car when I received a text from my brother, it read: "no more animal stuff like the raccoon tail, never again!" (Previously I gave her a set of cat ear headbands).

I walked inside to drop off her stuff and my brother confronted me about it. I was like..."uh what?" Like what is wrong with a stupid tail, she likes it!

He walked into the back room so I followed him. I told him "you just don't like it, because it's something I enjoy and you have this weird obsession with hating things I enjoy!"

"Just like how you admitted to me that you don't want her watching Marvel movies, because I like them and that's the only reason! That's silly, Marvel movies are good!"

My brothers sister-in-law spoke up saying "he is the parent so he gets to choose what she does and doesn't watch, not you."

I said "even tho he is the parent he is still wrong. Marvel movies are age appropriate and have good lessons in them, way better for her than the R-rated movies he encourages her to watch such as "IT."

She said "it doesn't matter, he is the parent." I told her that she needed to stay out of our conversation, it didn't even pertain to her.

She loudly told me to shut up saying that I was being loud and needed to be quiet because their Grandpa was sleeping.

I said "okay, but I'm trying to have a conversation here." (I said "okay" in a confused voice since I was confused as to why I would need to be quiet since she was louder than I was).

She got our of her chair and got in my face, (she's huge!) And tried to intimidate me, tried backing me up the steps to the other room. I stared her down and told her to get out of my face.

She started yelling at me to get out of their house. I told her that I wasn't leaving cuz I was trying to have an adult conversation with my brother which she was not a part of, and that I had no reason to leave because I had done nothing wrong.

She told me if I don't leave right then and there that she would call the police on me. I said "but I didn't do anything you're just overreacting."

Then my brother's mother-in-law jumped in between us and put her hand over my mouth! Like WTF!?

My first instinct was to bite her, thankfully I didn't I stopped myself. Instead I licked her. But WOW, who does that kind of thing!?

They said I was being too loud but I wasn't even the one yelling, it was the sister-in-law that was making all the noise.

So I walk outside of my brother follows me and he wants to talk about this. Personally I don't really want to have anything to do with any of them right now.

But I am very mad because I enjoy going to these events and taking my niece cuz she likes it too. but I have a feeling that after today I will never get to take her to another steampunk Festival, anime convention, or ComiCon. My brother hates it when I take her to that kind of stuff because it turns her into me he says, because apparently being nerdy is bad.

Edit: Yes my brother knew where I was taking her. I asked him before she came over if I could take him to the local Festival he asked what kind of Festival I said it was a Steampunk Festival. He said okay. I even shared pictures from the event with him, that he liked and even laughed at.

TL;DR: took my niece to a steampunk Festival my brother got mad cuz I bought her fake raccoon tail, he told me he didn't like me taking hard to those kind of events (because I enjoy them and he hates anything I enjoy) and we got in a huge fight. the in-laws got in the middle of the argument and blew it way out of proportion - getting in my face, backing me up the stairs, and covering my mouth with their hand.



Submitted September 03, 2019 at 04:15AM by IdontRememberHow https://ift.tt/2MQFrXF
I (31/F) got into a huge fight with my brother (33/M) and his in-laws. I (31/F) got into a huge fight with my brother (33/M) and his in-laws. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.