Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (20m) girlfriend (20f) told me she'd break up with me if I took anti depressants.

Reposted with a question:

So I just today got diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which I get is probably over-diagnosed but whatever. I’ve been sad for a few months and these last weeks have been very bad and I’ve been having more panic attacks and it’s terrible. It’s been hard for my girlfriend too bc I yell and say things I shouldn’t, I even blamed her for all my panic attacks during the last one. I’m violent towards myself, I’ll punch myself in the leg and it’s ridiculous. It makes me hate myself and so I went to therapy.

I have gone 4 times and today she diagnosed me and said I should call a psychiatric nurse and try to schedule an appointment for medicine. I am skeptical of medicine but I’m kind of hopeless right now and just want to be better. I texted my gf about it and she said that it’s just so the therapist can get money and pills are bad and I shouldn’t take them. Which I get it all for my good from her perspective. She said they could make me kill myself or shoot up a school. She then said she’d break up with me if I took them which really upset me. Then she went on to say I’m not trying to get better bc I blame her. I told her the relationship was my biggest stressor (I ranked em in therapy it’s relationship, family, work/school). She said then we should breakup. So I blocked her number and uninstalled Instagram so she couldn’t message me, and got our pictures off my page. I was upset and did that hastily.

So the thing is idk what to do now, a basic gist of things is that a while ago our relationship was so bad I started to have panic attacks. Since then it’s improved dramatically and we surprisingly worked a lot of stuff out. But I still will just get panic attacks over, honestly, basically nothing. The relationship still stresses me out even tho most the time we’re ok (I think I have “post stress disorder”). So I know logically my relationship is causing me a lot of stress, but emotionally I just don’t want to get out of it bc I like her so much. But that today just makes me think I should cut contact. Idk what to do and want to know if I’m making bad decisions bc of my mental state. Im just kind of lost. Is this controlling behavior from her part or misguided love, or is it accurately guided love? Am I doing the right thing, if I message her again what should I say to her? Are pills ok? etc

tl:dr My girlfriend said she'd break up with me if I took anti depressents, I need advice on how to proceed from here.



Submitted July 03, 2019 at 06:41PM by thexenomilf https://ift.tt/2RUqT93
My (20m) girlfriend (20f) told me she'd break up with me if I took anti depressants. My (20m) girlfriend (20f) told me she'd break up with me if I took anti depressants. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.