Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Hookup Culture is making me [29/F] question myself and my judgement.

I've been single for six years. I don't feel chemistry with men very often, but when I do, it tends to be men who are emotionally unavailable and/or toxic. In the past, I had a hard time cutting them off. In the last few years, I've gotten better at recognizing bad relationships and I end them pretty quickly...but now I'm starting to feel like my judgement is off.

A couple of examples: I matched with B on Hinge. We were flirty and admittedly extremely sexual in our conversation, but I emphasized that I was only down to talk about it until I got to know him better. We went for a drink and kissed goodnight. When I asked him out again, he was noncommittal, so I moved on. Three weeks of zero communication later, he texted me a sexual comment and I told him to kick rocks.

I matched with J on Bumble while on an out-of-town trip and we hooked up. It didn't end well but we maintained sporadic contact. He recently moved to my city and suggested going out, but never followed through. He finally gave me a date and time last weekend and I figured I'd give it a shot. We hooked up again and he asked me to come over the next day, saying he'd text around 9 am. He didn't, so I texted him and he acted like he didn't remember making our plans. This felt gross to me, so I stopped responding.

I suffer from anxiety and interpersonal relationships are often a trigger for me. After deciding that these dudes are two guys who just weren't that into me, I blocked them both because it makes it easier for me. But after thinking back, I wonder if I acted too hastily. Hookup culture makes me feel like I overreacted and that I let my anxiety get the best of me.

TL;DR: I blocked two guys that I dated/hooked up with because they showed through actions that they just weren't that into me, but now I'm wondering if I overreacted.



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 07:30PM by ideletedmyaccount_ https://ift.tt/3225TSv
Hookup Culture is making me [29/F] question myself and my judgement. Hookup Culture is making me [29/F] question myself and my judgement. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.