Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My friend [42/M] mistakenly sold some artwork of mine [40/F] in his shop for less than I was asking, now we can't reach a resolution.

Hi all, Title pretty much sums it up.

I am a professional artist. My friend owns a consignment shop and sells some of my paintings. The other night he sold one for less than the asking price by mistake. The amount he sold it for minus the consignment fee means I made almost nothing on it.

He texted e the other night and said, "Hey how much is that painting again?"

I told him. And then he texted back, "Oh... well I sold it today for $XXX. Oops."

I told him I am glad he sold it, but then I asked how we should deal with the discrepancy. He doesn't want to do much about it. His defense is that prices on my paintings are negotiable. And yes, they are, when I am selling them. In the past customers have haggled with him over my work and he has texted me asking if I am willing to sell for the offer they are making, etc. This time there was no asking. I am under the impression the customer didn't haggle. It sounds to me like he just made a mistake and forgot the actual price.

If I were in his shoes (and I have been, I have sold art for other people at times.) it would be a no brainer. His mistake, he pays the difference. But he doesn't want to.

The only offer he has made is to donate to charity in my name. Right now he is doing a fundraiser to help kids with cancer. He offered to make a donation in my name for his fundraiser, but the amount he offered to donate isn't even half of what he deducted from the painting. If he wants donations I will be happy to make a donation, but him donating a small amount of money in my name doesn't change the fact that I am not getting what I asked for for my painting.

I have sold stuff in his shop for two years, and this kind of thing has never happened before. So what do you guys think I should do?

TL:DR My friend sold my artwork for less than what I was asking for it and now doesn't seem interested in correcting it.



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 12:12PM by Valkrane https://ift.tt/2SygPRT
My friend [42/M] mistakenly sold some artwork of mine [40/F] in his shop for less than I was asking, now we can't reach a resolution. My friend [42/M] mistakenly sold some artwork of mine [40/F] in his shop for less than I was asking, now we can't reach a resolution. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.