Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26F) recently broke up from a longterm relationship, having a tough time this week

I also posted this in r/breakups but that subreddit is not as popular

Two months ago, my boyfriend of five years and I broke up mutually. He started law school in the fall in a different state and the distance just didn't work for us, we were bickering more and not making time for each other, as I work full time and am also in grad school part time. Initially after the breakup I felt okay because I was thinking logically but I think deep down I thought he would come around and want to stay together and move back to our state.

This past weekend I saw him at a mutual friend's party and found out he already kissed a few girls and I just felt so hurt. This week has been so emotional for me because it made me realize that this is final, and he won't be coming back. I think I'm finally grieving the relationship fully. I am scheduling an appointment with a therapist, journaling, focusing on school/work, going to the gym, and rediscovering the things I enjoy doing. I was wondering if anyone else has any words of advice or tips to help the grieving/recovery process?

Even though it was "mutual," I just feel as though my whole world is shaken. I thought we would get married. I feel as though he abandoned me and ran off to a new state, he was accepted in a school in our city and chose not to go. I just feel completely hurt and like I wasn't the priority in his life. I know that all of that isn't true and it is just me having negative thinking but this whole thing just sucks. We weren't perfect together and I know this will allow me to find someone else who is a better fit but this initial period is just hard.

It is also difficult because we share a lot of the same friends, we will definitely see each other again in the future, there are two weddings this summer we will both be at. Looking for tips on how to navigate this as well. When I saw him this weekend, I did feel fine being in the same room as him, it was once we started talking that I felt bad.

I am focusing more on spending time with other friends in this initial period so I won't focus on him. There are moments/days that I feel completely fine but this week especially there are moments that I just break down into tears. It hurts feeling unwanted/unloved. Just trying to get my emotions out here and looking to see if anyone has any words of advice! Thanks!

tl;dr Recently broke up from longterm relationship, looking for advice after having a rough time



Submitted March 30, 2019 at 09:14AM by amv003 https://ift.tt/2JNzXw6
I (26F) recently broke up from a longterm relationship, having a tough time this week I (26F) recently broke up from a longterm relationship, having a tough time this week Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.