Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I feel guilty about the thought of breaking up with my (27M) girlfriend (30F)

We’ve been dating for about a year and a half, and I’m thinking I want to be single again. She’s a wonderful person, but she has absolutely no motivation to do anything with me. We’re both busy working 40+ hours a week like most people, so we generally spend time with each other during weekends.

During that time, she never wants to go out. Instead, she would rather just stay inside and relax. I’ll usually suggest that we go see a movie, hiking, sports, anything; and she’s never interested. She just wants to “relax” at home.

Another issue I’m having is that because of this, she never wants to meet up with my friends or family. I always invite her to come along, but always says she’s “too shy". I understand that she is a very shy person, and that's something I've tried to accept as it's her personality, but it has gotten to the point where my friends think she's a snob and dislikes them. A few times over the past few months, she's guilted me into staying home with her instead of seeing my friends.

The thought of breaking up with her scares me though, as I do not want to hurt her. She does not have any friends, and isn't interested in speaking with her family. They are not on bad terms, just not friendly with each other,(I have yet to actually meet any of them), so I am the only person she has in her life.

I told her today that I’m not happy with the relationship and that I needed some time alone this weekend to think about things. I want to break things off, but I have no idea how to do so with out hurting her.

TL;DR I am no longer happy around my girlfriend, but I am afraid to hurt her.



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 03:48AM by CHusson91 https://ift.tt/2JTFmC0
I feel guilty about the thought of breaking up with my (27M) girlfriend (30F) I feel guilty about the thought of breaking up with my (27M) girlfriend (30F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.