Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [24F] LDR boyfriend [27M] invited his family to our reunion trip without asking me

Because of life reasons, BF and I went (really) long distance. Our time zones are 17 hours apart. We’ve been doing great and making the best out of it.

He left in December and we were planning a month-long trip together to Southeast Asia (traveling is one passion we share) in July. It’s our big reunion and I was very excited. Until today, when he randomly told me he invited his brothers and the girlfriend of one of them.

Convo went a little like this (some parts are summarized)-

He drops the news

Me: the trip was you and me. maybe they can come a few days, not half the trip and especially not at the beginning of the trip. i’m nervous about the dynamics because i don’t know them yet

Him: we would be doing our own thing, it would be nice to be with them as well. I just thought you’d be excited to meet them

Me: i will meet them when the plan is to meet them. can you try to understand me? you can travel with them whenever, with them the sense of the trip changes entirely *i freak out and say other stuff, the whole situation gave me anxiety\*

Him: just chill i’ll talk to you soon

Later...

Me: i’m investing a lot in this trip to risk not feeling comfortable

Him: i think you’re overanalyzing it. just try and drop your expectations. we’ll be traveling with other people on tours, might as well be family

Me: i feel like you’re not validating my feelings, you didn’t even ask or consider me

Him: honestly i’m disappointed. i’d thought you’d be happy to meet them

Me: ask before supposing

Him: you’re worried about your comfort zone? what about when i went out of my comfort zone to be with you?*

*he moved to my city for half a year to be with me after we met while we were both traveling

I honestly don’t know what to respond or do. Is he guilt tripping me? He’s not listening or understanding. What the hell do I do? I really don’t want anyone else going on this trip with us.

TL;DR: my LDR BF invited his family to our big, long-awaited reunion trip without asking me and doesn't seem to understand why it's bothering me. He doesn't seem to listen or even try to understand and I don't know what to do.



Submitted March 30, 2019 at 10:17PM by worldorlove https://ift.tt/2FN0uFN
My [24F] LDR boyfriend [27M] invited his family to our reunion trip without asking me My [24F] LDR boyfriend [27M] invited his family to our reunion trip without asking me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.