Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I was not invited to a friends (F32) wedding and now am bitter.

In this group of around 14 friends, there is 6 women (including myself) all around 32 years old, the most (including myself) of which attended high school together but expanded over University etc (so we have all known each other for at least 10 plus years). One recently had a wedding, and I was not invited. I knew a few of the others had attended. I was fine with that (she had wanted to have a small event), and I got her a card and some cash to give to her when I next saw her.

The next chance I saw her was a Christmas party. So I took the card and my KrisKringle (KK) present. I spoke to her and everything seemed friendly, and congratulated her briefly on her wedding. I didn't mention the card I had, as I figured I would give it to her when KK was happening.

As everyone sat down to start KK, she spoke up. She had gifts to give to the women in her wedding party as thanks. Which turned out to be every other woman in the friend group except me. I didn't say anything, and smiled and joked around with everyone else, but I was hurt by her actions. I had thought we were friends, and not being invited to a wedding in which every single mutual female friend not only attended but were part of the wedding party really made me question if she even likes me at all.

I did not give her the card. Over the next 2-3 weeks I spent the cash I was going to give her as congratulations. This weekend the friends are all meeting up again. I could give her the cashless card, but I honest don't want to. I've tried to not let her actions make me bitter, but I haven't really spoken to her since then (but also haven't really been forced into a situation were I would have normally either). If I avoid her this weekend it will be very obvious, and this is really affecting how I see the group and myself, as none of the other women (or men) spoke to me about it either. Am I wrong to not congratulate her properly on her wedding in spite? How can I know if it was something about me that was the problem? How do I resolve this without causing drama between everyone?

TLDR; Bride doesn't invite me to a wedding which had all mutual female friends in wedding party and now I am bitter and unsure about entire friendship group.



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 02:08PM by TheBlueMenace https://ift.tt/2EnK5pv
I was not invited to a friends (F32) wedding and now am bitter. I was not invited to a friends (F32) wedding and now am bitter. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.