Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27F] boyfriend [30M] took my phone yesterday

My boyfriend only uses his phone for calls and texting (he isn't on social media)- he just doesn't understand why so many people are so "attached" to their devices. He doesn't like it when I'm on my phone too much and out of respect I rarely use it when he's around (and never when we're spending time together whether we're out or at home).

Yesterday afternoon I was texting with my sister (who lives in another state) while he was getting ready for work. When he was about to leave I asked him to wait a second so I could say goodbye and give him a kiss but I was finishing my text as I said it, which apparently bothered him. He came to me and turned my face to give me a kiss and as he did it he grabbed my phone. He was smiling and said (in a normal/calm tone) "you're wasting time on this fucking thing."I thought he was kidding because of his tone and the way he held it up so I couldn't reach it. He was laughing and walked out the door with it while I was walking after him asking for it back. He said I could live without it for a few hours and got into his car and took off. I wanted to yell but making a scene isn't a good look in front of the neighbors.

So, I waited, assuming he'd bring it back but that didn't happen until he got home at 3AM. I was pretty angry and told him it wasn't okay to take my phone (that's in my name and I pay for) and leave me without any way to call 911 in case of an emergency. Considering he's in law enforcement I thought he would care about my safety but apparently not. He didn't care that I was mad and brushed me off, he said it ended up being busier than he expected and he didn't have time to come back. His stance is nothing happened, I'm fine, he meant to bring it back but couldn't and I should care more about his intentions. I don't think he should have taken it in the first place.

I'm not trying to blow this out of proportion but I am not okay with him taking my phone. Do I need to drop it for now? If I should talk to him again- How do I (tactfully) discuss this to make him understand it can't happen again? I want him to take me seriously and not to laugh because he thinks it's funny that I'm mad. I feel strongly about his actions yesterday and I don't take it lightly that I was left without a phone all night.

tl;dr: My boyfriend took my phone with him to work yesterday evening as a "punishment" for being on it too much. He intended to bring it back but had a busier night than expected and ended up keeping it all night. He doesn't understand why I'm angry and he's acting like I'm purposely trying to drag this out and blow it out of proportion.



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 03:13PM by ggthrowawayyy https://ift.tt/2Xxn24l
My [27F] boyfriend [30M] took my phone yesterday My [27F] boyfriend [30M] took my phone yesterday Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.