Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (28M) is mostly unemployed but thinks he's better than me (24F) employed.

My boyfriend (28M) of 1 year has been in university for nearly 10 years. He finished his bachelor's and started his PhD but dropped out a few years after. He's currently mostly unemployed (works at uni for a 4 hours each week) and has no professional career lined up. He refuses to apply for any other jobs outside his degree and usually just sits at home watching movies or playing games.

I'm (24F) and graduated with a bachelor's degree 3 years ago. I have over a year's experience working in my degree but decided to quit my job because it was destroying my mental health (workplace harassment and boss refusing to pay). I wanted a break from "using my brain" and decided to work in retail for a few months full time just to clear my mind but still earn enough to provide.

My boyfriend has gone off at me multiple times saying that I'm slacking off and not working hard. He also keeps degrading me telling me I'm not smart like him and the only reason he's unemployed is because he has high standards and won't do "common jobs" like retail. I'm working 50 hour weeks whilst he does 4 hours supervising university students and he always complains I'm not making time for him since I'm working. He knows my shift hours, so when I'm not working I always make time for him, but he's off doing his own recreational activities whenever I'm free even though I feel like he should be the one to adjust his minimal schedule for me. We end up arguing all the time over this.

Thoughts? I guess I'd like to hear an opposing opinion from a guys point of view.

tl;dr boyfriend unemployed has nothing to do but puts me down because he thinks he's better than me



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 01:30AM by hianonreddit https://ift.tt/2Ozvw6Q
My boyfriend (28M) is mostly unemployed but thinks he's better than me (24F) employed. My boyfriend (28M) is mostly unemployed but thinks he's better than me (24F) employed. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.