Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25M) have an inferiority complex and cannot help but think that my current gf(26F) of 2 months would just stop liking me one day. She and I are different people, and I just keep thinking I'm not gonna be “enough” for her until she meets someone more interesting, supposedly.

I get the "then that means she isnt right for you"... but just listen to me.

The girl i'm dating is an artist person, whatever you call it. She's a textile designer. knows herself well and follows her heart more than her ration. bohemian lifestle you can say? When she wants to travel, she just picks up a bag and leaves.

I on the other hand, is not like that. I work an office job. Im very rational, and I do not have "artsy" things or people that I hang out with on the regular. I like stability. and security.

The thing with dating people that are different from me, in terms of hobbies, personality, is that I can learn so much from their world, but at the same time feel like they will eventually find someone that is actually in their world. She also has a lot more relationship experience than me, which to me seems like she changes partner quickly and shrug the old one off when she's "done" with it.

I feel like some part of me WANTS that kind of life, to be able to have such a free spirited mindset. So I like to date/hang out those people but deep down my personality is just not like that. I just feel like she is compromising with dating me, until she finds some other guy. Even if that's the case, fine, it happens, I can find someone else afterwards.. but somehow this is stopping me from being able to just enjoy the present moment, because I shut off whenever she starts talking about some interesting person she met (a musician, tattoo artist, some designer etc, basically someone in her realm) and I cannot stop subjecting myself into the conversation and COMPARE.

What I can't get over is that, she've dated some shitty guys before, but from her stories I could tell how crazy she were for those shitty guys... but what does that make me? A great guy but not "deserving" of her affection as much as those shitty dudes? Retroactive jealousy is stupid but I just feel like being a shitty guy isn't a bad thing because they still got to date the same girl, and in some fucked up way, those girl were so drawn towards them.

How do you get over this thinking? I'm afraid to open up too much about these things to my girlfriend because I truly believe this is my personal issues and something that I have to work on. She is not responsible to make me feel like a man or secure.

TL;DR

Girlfriend is different personality type. I'm rational, study business. She is a designer and free spirited, more relationship experiences. I cannot stop thinking she would just leave me one day for someone more similar, or until she got bored with me. It makes me WANT to be more like the person I know she WOULD like, but thats just not who I am. I don't openly communicate this with her because this is a reoccuring issue I have, so I know this is my problem

these thoughts haunt me more when I'm alone and overthinking. When she's with me, these moments of inferiority complex/insecurity can go way quickly ..

Please give me some perspective



Submitted March 29, 2019 at 10:32PM by not_mynameW https://ift.tt/2UjValk
I (25M) have an inferiority complex and cannot help but think that my current gf(26F) of 2 months would just stop liking me one day. She and I are different people, and I just keep thinking I'm not gonna be “enough” for her until she meets someone more interesting, supposedly. I (25M) have an inferiority complex and cannot help but think that my current gf(26F) of 2 months would just stop liking me one day. She and I are different people, and I just keep thinking I'm not gonna be “enough” for her until she meets someone more interesting, supposedly. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.