Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (30F) truly just accept husband's (31M) poor health choices?

Been married for a decade now. I am struggling to just accept my husband's poor health choices he's making. I can't say a word about it to him because he gets defensive. He's too heavy, likes to drink, eats unhealthy, doesn't exercise, he's got high blood pressure and he's in his early thirties.

I know that shit is just gonna get worse with age but God forbid I say anything. We recently had a baby and it sets me off even more that he won't try to be there for her and take care of his health.

He went through a rough time recently when his own Mom had a brain stroke from the same poor unhealthy lifestyle choices and survived by pure miracle (but is now back to her old ways). Should I just blame her for being a shitty role model? I've tried everything... He's attempted to make an effort to improve in the past and I tried to be there for him. Then when he wasn't digging my help I tried to stay back so he could do it on his own... Either way he steered back to his old habits.

I don't know what to do anymore, I can't change him and yet accepting something like this, where I know his shitty health choices are going to in fact set him on the path of his mother, seems hard. It causes fights between us, resentment on his side, thinking I'm trying to control him when I just love him and want the best for him and don't want him dying at 50.

Tl:Dr- struggling to accept husband's poor health choices, can't say anything about it, don't know how to let it go.



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 02:18AM by DuchessSilver https://ift.tt/2OzmoiA
How do I (30F) truly just accept husband's (31M) poor health choices? How do I (30F) truly just accept husband's (31M) poor health choices? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.