Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27m] sister [14f] made a loud scene at our late sister's (her twin) funeral and mom [52f] is hurt/distant to her. I'm leaving soon and just want to help the situation the best I can. What can I do?

My sister had been a sickly child and finally succumbed to leukemia 6 days ago. I dropped everything and flew back to support everyone and help with preparations.

My other sister is… not handling it well. She stays in her room most of the time and got angry whenever I tried to talk to her about it. I went to her room to try to to console her and she told me to go away. When we were sorting through old photos to pick the ones for the funeral she got hysterical and yelled at us "why are you doing this?" and wrestled me trying to take the album from my hands (?).

At the funeral she whispered to me angry that so many friends and family members would never drop by to as much as say hello yet they were there all sad only to "look good". Before the mass we approached the coffin and she cried and said it was "wrong" that they had dressed and groomed her like that, that our sister hated dresses and make up. She started banging on the glass and her dad (not mine) and I dragged her out of the chapel.

Mom approached us and told her she was "ruining" everything. My sister cried and apologized and mom left without saying anything, visibly upset. My sister cried and didn't attend the mass. The wake went regularly but after we got home mom went straight to her room and wouldn't let my sister come in, so she stayed with me. Mom has been mostly in her room and doesn't speak to my sister so her dad and I have been handling the house. He's taking it, I guess as well as you can hope to.

I'm leaving tomorrow and my sister says she wants to come with me, that she doesn't want to be here right now, that mom hates her, that she doesn't want to go back to school.

I have no idea what to do? I'm afraid this might not get better, that I'll leave and they'll be still distant and my sister will be hurt that I left and didn't take her with or whatever else might happen with the three of them.

What can I do to maybe make things a little smoother before I leave? Anything I can do for any of them?

tl;dr: Sister died. Other sister is having a very rough time and reacting with anger. Mom is hurt and apparently frustrated/disappointed at her behavior at the wake. What can I do before I leave to make things a little better for everyone, if possible?



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 01:22PM by TrickyAd9 https://ift.tt/2H9w95A
My [27m] sister [14f] made a loud scene at our late sister's (her twin) funeral and mom [52f] is hurt/distant to her. I'm leaving soon and just want to help the situation the best I can. What can I do? My [27m] sister [14f] made a loud scene at our late sister's (her twin) funeral and mom [52f] is hurt/distant to her. I'm leaving soon and just want to help the situation the best I can. What can I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.