Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (31M) Wife (33F) thinks I cheated on her because she thinks she saw me having dinner alone with a woman. She won't listen to any reasoning I am giving her and has emotionally shut herself off to me for the past 2 weeks.

Been married for 6 years now. My wife can sometimes get a bit overtly suspicious of me in terms of other women but I think that is because she has been cheated on a lot in her life. I have to consistently reaffirm to her that I would never, ever do anything like that. She trusts me, but again, she is naturally a suspicious person, not just to me.

I went out to dinner with 2 friends from college, Erica and Brian. My wife couldn't come because she got out of work late. I told my wife where I was going, but we changed the location of where we were going last minute. Apparently my wife saw that I wasn't in the place I was supposed to be on the snapchat location map and she wondered why, and drove over on her way home from work to see what was up. She tried calling and texting me to ask what was wrong and why I wasn't at the restaurant (we went to another restaurant about a mile away, closer to her office) but I didn't pick up because my phone was charging at the far end of the room we were in. She wasn't suspicious because we changed restaurants, she was surprised because the place was right near her job and she wanted to drop by and say hello. Brian has IBS (had it in college as well, which made for some hilarious/sad stories that we remembered), and was in the bathroom for like half of the dinner we had, so it was mostly just me and Erica for a lot of it. Apparently my wife drove by, and looked into the restaurant, and saw me and Erica eating dinner alone together. My wife said we looked like we were being romantic, but really we were just laughing at old memories, not being romantic or anything.

I went home, and my wife was waiting there, and just told me to sit down and she asked me why I lied to her about who I was with and where I was. I kind of got offended that she implied that I lied, all we did was change restaurants. But she said she didn't care about that as much as that I lied about who I was with, she thought I was going out with two 'guys' from college but instead she saw me with just a girl. I told her that I never said guys, I just said two friends, and that I had told her their names a week ago, she says she doesn't remember me telling her that. She pointed out that Erica was sort of dressed promiscuously, which was true, and that it was obvious we were on a date. I told her, no, Brian was just in the bathroom. She says she waited, watching us, for nearly 15 minutes and no guy arrived, so I was clearly lying. I said Brian had IBS, but at that point it just sounded like I was lying and making up excuses. I tried calling Brian, he didn't pick up, I tried calling Erica, she didn't pick up. Me and my wife just argued the entire night. She even said that she doesn't care if these people tell her that it wasn't a date, because I could have just told them to say that.

The worst part is, I don't even blame her for thinking this. She saw me with a girl who was dressed very sexually, at a fancy restaurant, alone, laughing and talking together. And the other guy who was supposed to be there just coincidentally has IBS for the 15 minutes she was watching over us? It almost seems too perfect of an excuse from my part, but it isn't, its the reality. I would think I am lying too. That is the worst part about all of this, she isn't being irrational, and no quick fix can do much when the evidence is stacking so heavily against me.

Its been two weeks since the argument. I told brian and erica what happened, I showed my wife the messages between us and their reactions, she still doesn't believe me. She says it would be too easy to just tell them what to say. I called the restaurant and asked if they had records of the night so I could show her Brian was there, but they were just confused and didn't really give me an answer.

What do I do? My wife has been extremely quiet and sort of just isn't talking to me now. I feel horrible, like this entire thing could have been avoided if I just had my damn phone on me instead of having it charge at the outlet at the restaurant.

TL;DR - - Wife saw me out to dinner with another woman, thinks I am cheating.



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 08:11PM by porecarthredral33 https://ift.tt/2zyMRqr
My (31M) Wife (33F) thinks I cheated on her because she thinks she saw me having dinner alone with a woman. She won't listen to any reasoning I am giving her and has emotionally shut herself off to me for the past 2 weeks. My (31M) Wife (33F) thinks I cheated on her because she thinks she saw me having dinner alone with a woman. She won't listen to any reasoning I am giving her and has emotionally shut herself off to me for the past 2 weeks. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.