Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [36F] boss [50F] keeps falling asleep when I talk.

Hi Reddit-

Kind of an absurd problem, I suppose, but it's starting to get under my skin and I'm not really sure how to handle it. I'm on mobile; sorry in advance if I make some typos.

So, like the title says, my boss keeps falling asleep when I talk. Let me just start off by saying I'm a super engaging speaker and I'm pretty sure there nothing weird about my voice. It's a loud voice, actually. Sometimes the stuff I have to talk about is dry because I deal with a lot of numbers, but these are numbers that she needs to know. If it matters, I'm the head of a department, she is the COO. We work in an office environment.

This has happened during a company-wide presentations she has asked me to do (that I work very hard on), during department meetings, and today it happened in a meeting I called with just her and I and our CEO. She could barely keep her eyes open. It doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is; if I'm speaking she's nodding off. And she's missing pretty critical information that has impacted her ability to communicate to other departments effectively what is going on in my department, which I REALLY rely on her for.

A few other employees have started to take notice of her cat naps and have mentioned it to me. I don't know what to say. It's embarrassing.

So, do I say something? Do I call her out when it's happening? Let it go and laugh it off? What would you do?

TLDR: I lull my boss to sleep with my soft, soothing words and it makes me feel bad. What do?



Submitted November 01, 2018 at 10:34PM by Five_oh_tree https://ift.tt/2Qc55UJ
My [36F] boss [50F] keeps falling asleep when I talk. My [36F] boss [50F] keeps falling asleep when I talk. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 02, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.