Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm worried that my stay at home wife (30 F) does too much work, but I (34 M) feel unable to change our situation.

We've been married for almost 5 years and we have a young (4 year old) daughter. My wife has been a stay at home wife/mother for our entire marriage. Before that she was a waitress in various restaurants since she was a teenager. I am in a line of work that pays a good "upper middle class" salary and it made it possible for my girlfriend and then wife to choose to not work outside of the home, so when we got married she said that she wanted to be a wife and mother full-time.

I have benefited from this so much that I've always felt a little guilty about it. My wife has made my life so happy and so easy that even though she's always said that she's the happiest she's ever been, I feel a little guilty about my wife doing almost everything around the house. My wife recently told me that her friends say that she has "totally spoiled me" by being a full time homemaker, spending all day taking care of our daughter and doing all the cleaning/cooking, and all that stuff. She laughed about this and dismissed their opinion by saying "they're jealous" because it's hard to find a "really great husband". But this has really made me think what if I am being an inconsiderate husband because I'm expecting too much from my wife.

I've been so happy since we've been married that I really don't want to give up the thing we have going. Every weekday I get through work by looking forward to getting home to my wife and daughter, and I'm usually so tired mentally that I'm grateful to come home to my comforting wife and eat the dinner that she's prepared.

TL;DR My wife has been a stay at home wife for our entire marriage. Her friends told her that I'm spoiled by her because she does pretty much everything around the house and I come home everyday from work to dinner she made and don't have to do anything but enjoy my time with her and our daughter. My wife claims to be completely happy but I can't stop feeling a little guilty about it and I know that it's very unusual for one parent to do only work outside the home and the other all the work inside. Am I feeling guilt unnecessarily or are her friends right about my being spoiled?



Submitted November 02, 2018 at 10:15PM by mark_19000 https://ift.tt/2OoOStC
I'm worried that my stay at home wife (30 F) does too much work, but I (34 M) feel unable to change our situation. I'm worried that my stay at home wife (30 F) does too much work, but I (34 M) feel unable to change our situation. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.