Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [M28] had a stupid argument with friend [M28] I’m on vacation with (plus his gf [F28]). Feel trapped with this shit vibe for the rest of the trip.

Longtime friend of mines Mike is looking for apartments around Los Angeles. I figured it’d be a good opportunity for us to take a trip together, so I booked a flight and Airbnb for when he’d be looking around.

I come a day early, he’s delayed hanging with his GF who lives in San Diego. He heads up the day after alongwith her. Things are going well enough, we head out to breakfast the next day.

At some point Elon Musk comes up, I say something to the effect of he’s cool but acts like a jackass, bringing up the whole episode this past summer with the kids trapped in a cave in Thailand. Basically Musk tried to help out with a submarine designed to navigate a cave like that.

It didn’t work out, the divers saved the day, one of them called his submarine intervention a PR stunt, and he responded by calling the guy a pedophile, sticking to his guns up to the point of calling the man a child rapist based on the evidence that the guy in question is a white man living in Thailand.

To me it was a childish overreaction on account of his bruised ego. Mikes upset about the diver calling Musks efforts a PR stunt, talking about how every time somebody wants to help somebody wants to call it a PR stunt, and that they should just stay quiet especially in a case where the person is trying to save lives.

My position is, yeah he was trying to help but there was obviously a component of “Look at me” about Musks efforts. And that that doesn’t change the fact that he’s prone to jackass moments like that.

Mike then insists that Elon Musk is such a genius that he must’ve KNOWN that the man was a child rapist. because as a wealthy man he has the resources to uncover those secrets and it’s unlikely he would make such a severe baseless accusation.

This goes back and forth for a while, me saying that Musk may be a beast with science but is in no way infallible, to which Mike says I’m putting words in his mouth by suggesting that he thinks Musks is infallible. And all the time his GF is agreeing that Musk must’ve known what he was doing and that this was probably a very calculated self branding move instead of an outburst.

The debate finally burns off, but since then they’ve both been a bit distant. And I’m stuck in this Airbnb with em for another couple of days. And I’m not sure what to do here.

Tl;dr: On vacation with friend, had argument over whether or not Elon Musk is a genius that was correct in calling a cave diver a child rapist. Atmospheres gone sour. Stuck for next few days



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 04:34PM by Saltydog2000 https://ift.tt/2yPr8dg
I [M28] had a stupid argument with friend [M28] I’m on vacation with (plus his gf [F28]). Feel trapped with this shit vibe for the rest of the trip. I [M28] had a stupid argument with friend [M28] I’m on vacation with (plus his gf [F28]). Feel trapped with this shit vibe for the rest of the trip. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 04, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.