Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My roommate is on the verge of kicking me out 3 days after i moved in

Mobile posting and at work, format might suck

So I met my current roommate A (F20) about a year ago when I (M18) did a semester at my local community college. We became good friends and spent a lot of time together. But then I got a job, dropped out of college (its expensive :c) and my family moved about half an hour out of town. And me not having a car meant I saw her a lot less.

I had been looking for an apartment for a while (about a month or 2) that I could actually afford to move into with my entry level retail job when a few weeks ago, A texted me out of no where saying she got a 2 bed apartment in town and asked if I wanted to move in. The rent was affordable for me so I said yes, and after she got the place and the lease drawn up and other things, I fully moved in 3 days ago on Sunday.

A didn't have a boyfriend when she had originally asked me to move in, but at some point between then and me moving in, she got one, who I'll call B. A few days before I moved in, I showed my parents around the apartment and talked with A. Everything seemed cool. I also met B that day. Everything seemed cool. Few days later I move in.

I'll add now that I'm very openly bi/pan, but since I'm heavily male leaning and I don't care to explain the details to people, I just tell people I'm gay. Easy for them, easy for me, and I'm cool with people calling me that. I also 100% do not see her that way. A also told me that she told that to B before I moved in.

So 3 days ago I move in. Everything's fine. No issues. However, about 3 hours ago during the same shift I'm typing this, A texts me that B all of a sudden has a problem that she's living with a guy. I assume A told him at some point between when they started dating and when I first met him. I met the guy a few days before I moved in. There was absolutely zero way he was blindsided by the fact that she was going to live with me, a guy. He made zero mention that he was uncomfortable with it until today for whatever reason. A told me this is because he apparently had an ex cheat on him in the past, which I totally get would explain why he feels the way he does.

So in the middle of my shift, I get a text from A about that and how B doesn't want her living with me. And that the only 2 choices she has are either break up with him or stay with him and kick me out. And she's very torn between this. She explained in the same conversation that she really likes B and how he's the first person to make her happy in a really long time. She's genuinely considering kicking me out over this.

Im not saying she can't. She is 100% within her right to do that. Her name is on he lease, she did all the work to get it, she's the one who offered me the room. She is totally within her right to kick me out for whatever reason she wants. But she would do that to me just to not break up with the guy she met less than a month ago.

She said she was going to talk to him tonight and see if there's something they can work out, and I agreed to spend the night at my parents house. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the whole thing. On one hand I feel really upset, because I moved in literally 3 days ago and already paid my half of this months rent and last months rent, which I insisted on paying even though she told me I didn't have to. Kicking me out now would effectively be a massive fuck you. On the other hand, I feel like I have no right to be upset, as she is totally within her right to kick me out whenever she wants for whatever reason. And even if she chooses to not kick me out, should I see her willingness to kick me out as a red flag worth moving out over, regardless of what choice she makes?

TL; DR: I moved in with my friend a few days ago. Between when I moved in and now, her boyfriend is suddenly very upset that she's living with a guy (even though I'm gay and very much not into her) and made her choose between me or him. I'm conflicted on how to feel about all this.



Submitted February 01, 2023 at 04:21PM by SufferWithZatch https://ift.tt/som8zTM
My roommate is on the verge of kicking me out 3 days after i moved in My roommate is on the verge of kicking me out 3 days after i moved in Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 02, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.