Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I, 21F, and my boyfriend, 26M, started dating when I was 16 and he was 21

Some background information: we went to the same high school and had a class together when I was in eighth grade and he was a senior. He followed me a few years later on instagram, and when I was 16 I DM’d him hoping to get something only a 21 year old can buy. He agreed but I think he thought that the situation was more of a date and we went to McDonald’s after.

He continued to buy me things of that nature and more little gifts and stuff that I would refuse at first, but he was pretty insistent about it. When I turned 17 I started going to his house, but we didn’t do anything explicit. Even now, we more just play board games and talk.

Now that I am the age he was I feel so disgusted. I just can’t imagine why a college senior would want anything to do with a high school senior. I have a brother who is a senior in high school now and I find his friends to be so immature. Looking back, he would often tell me how mature I was compared to other kids my age and things of that nature. Only recently have a recognized that as a common grooming tactic.

He is not conventionally attractive and is quite obese which may have played a factor in why he couldn’t get girls his own age. I just don’t know what to do. I feel like I should break up with him, but anytime I try to bring this stuff up he just sends me money or gifts and I feel so bad about it. Moreover, I feel like I’ve wasted a lot of time that he couldn’t have spent looking for a woman his own age. I feel like I’ve wasted a lot of my own time.

He’s always telling me he doesn’t know what he would do without me and that he can’t wait to marry me, but meanwhile, I am so ashamed of this relationship he hasn’t met any one in my family.

Would it be “wrong” for me to breakup with him now that we are at a more respectable age for this reason?

TL;DR My boyfriend is always talking about our future together and how much he loves me, but I am having trouble looking past our past and feel like he may have preyed on me.



Submitted February 01, 2023 at 11:05PM by eyeballyouballweball https://ift.tt/56qOPJu
I, 21F, and my boyfriend, 26M, started dating when I was 16 and he was 21 I, 21F, and my boyfriend, 26M, started dating when I was 16 and he was 21 Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 02, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.