Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I tell my coworker he’s being catfished?

I’m not sure if this is really allowed.

23F, I’ve known John (not his real name) for almost a year, he’s been with his girlfriend for a little over a year.

John met his girlfriend on a dating site, not sure which one. She lives in Europe and we’re in the US. They’ve been together for about a year now. They don’t video chat, they don’t even talk on the phone. They pretty much just send emails back and forth.

When I asked about this, he told me it’s because she has an ex boyfriend who is basically in the cartel where she lives. He has her phones tapped, computers bugged, he would even stop her from leaving the country. So that’s why they can’t chat or even send eachother pictures. The other day he had a big smile on his face and he told me that his girlfriend “successfully drugged her ex and got the information she needed”. She’s gonna give it to another big crime boss to steal his customers and I guess his power too? I don’t even know.

I think it’s bullshit, but I don’t want to be rude. He’s a really sweet guy and I don’t want him to lose more time with someone who might not even be real. But I don’t want to overstep by telling him I think she’s fake, and asking if we can investigate. But deep down I reeeeally do want to, because I believe he’s being catfished.

TL;DR! - coworker wholeheartedly believes his girlfriend is real, but there are so many signs that she’s a catfish. Should I mind my own business or try to prove she’s fake?



Submitted April 17, 2022 at 06:58PM by timotheecha https://ift.tt/6eIrpKM
Should I tell my coworker he’s being catfished? Should I tell my coworker he’s being catfished? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.