Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (17M) dad is mad because my brother (13M) is tall but doesn’t play sports

We come from a pretty tall family. I’m (17M) 6”7, my older bro (21M) is 6”5 and our youngest brother (13M) is 5”10. My brother plays college football and I play basketball and will continue playing in college next year. My dad’s always been pretty hard on us about school and sports because he didn’t want to pay for college lol. We all have decent grades considering our time commitments for the level that we play our sports at. I don’t think anyone has ever gotten lower than 3.5.

My youngest brother is just not interested in sports. He tried it to make my dad happy but he just sucks at it fr. Like he was really clumsy when he tried a couple of sports and has no interest in it. But he can play the hell out of the piano and is trying to self teaching himself Spanish. He got accepted to one of the most difficult schools in our area to get into for high school with decent merit aid and my pops just asked him if he would think about going out for sports there because it should be easy to get on a team. He doesn’t even really care what sport…he just wants him on a team.

I get it because sports have helped us all a lot. It helped me develop more discipline and focus. But he plays the piano and that takes a ton of discipline and focus too. I’ve never seen anyone look so serious about anything as when he’s practicing new music. He’s obsessive about it bruh. Like he takes his shit seriously. He used to try and get mh dad to listen but at the same time I’ve never seen anyone look so disinterested in anything as my dad does when he’s standing there while my bro plays.

I try to be nice and ask him questions and shit. I understand fuck all about the piano. He seemed really excited when I asked him to play for my friends when they came over a couple of times. I invite my girlfriend to his recitals and she plays the piano as well so she’s always telling him what was good/what she would change. I think everyone else in the fam is pretty supportive of him but he really wants our dad’s respect or approval I guess.

I just don’t know ever know what to say when my dad says rude shit to him about not being athletic or what to tell my brother to say to my dad. My older brother doesn’t live at home and soon it’s just gonna be younger bro at home with my parents.

tl;dr dad is mad that my brother is tall but doesn’t play sports don’t really know what else to do about it except for what I’ve been doing like in terms of actually saying something to him



Submitted April 17, 2022 at 08:21PM by throwawaytyko https://ift.tt/l96zBAK
My (17M) dad is mad because my brother (13M) is tall but doesn’t play sports My (17M) dad is mad because my brother (13M) is tall but doesn’t play sports Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.