Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Now ex-bf broke up with me in part because I didn’t agree with his chiropractor cousin

I’ve (35f) had been dating my now ex (28M) since last year. We had talked about marriage, which he brought up, and met each other’s families. We recently became long distance with the intent of him joining me in my new city once feasible. Last week he told me he had reservations about our relationship and wanted to talk them through. His parents split a few years ago after over 20 years of marriage and he’s obsessed with identifying any and all issues now so he can 100% avoid that fate. One of the issues he had was that he showed me an Instagram post from his chiropractor cousin saying that heavy periods were a sign of toxins in the body. Because I know that is completely false, I had a negative reaction to it and told him it was not a thing. He was upset because he has a relationship with his cousin. I explained exactly why it was not a thing (your kidneys and liver process toxins, not your uterus) and why that thinking was so harmful (used to sell restrictive diets that put women into a state of amenorrhea) and cited a book I’d read by a respected gynecologist, as well as my undergraduate education in public health to support my position. He responded that how can I know if I’ve only read one book, and he’s just trying to help me (I’ve never even had heavy periods, I have an IUD). I told him not to show me posts from his cousin, or if he does, I asked him to be open to other points of view.

He ended the relationship because we have differences of opinion on things (there was more) that he had just brought up for the first time and never tried to talk through or find any kind of resolution to. I guess I’m curious — there’s clearly no resurrecting this, but how could I have done better screening to avoid this headache in the first place?

TLDR: my ex bf broke up with me after I told him his chiropractor cousin was wrong about heavy periods being caused by toxins in the body



Submitted April 26, 2022 at 08:32PM by RoyalCaterpillar0 https://ift.tt/bMS0RUk
Now ex-bf broke up with me in part because I didn’t agree with his chiropractor cousin Now ex-bf broke up with me in part because I didn’t agree with his chiropractor cousin Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.