Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I feel like the less important one in the friend group and it hurts so bad.

I've been feeling really shitty about this for a while and I'm not entirely sure if my feelings are valid or not. Bear with me.

Around a month ago, it was a friend (S)'s birthday. The entire friend group, led by her boyfriend P (whom I considered my best friend until now) spent a week planning an online party for her, discussing gift ideas, games etc. Everyone posted birthday countdowns on their instagram stories until the day came. It was great - we had come together to talk after a really long time and it was a lot of fun. My birthday is today. Since planning birthday video calls was just something we did as a group, I expected something to be planned for me. J, another person in our group whom I considered a very close friend, texted me at 11:30 pm asking if I wanna do a call for my birthday. I was hurt because I thought they'd have had something at least half as elaborate as S's party planned for me. Nevertheless, I said yes, and she asked on the friend group. There was a response from no one. At that point I was crushed. I spent the rest of the night crying and venting to my boyfriend. Although he understands why I'm upset, he doesn't think it's a huge deal and told me that things like this happen sometimes and that I need to get over it.

I'm still hurting. I do know how I move past this and see my friends the same way again.

TL;DR: expected my friends to plan something for my birthday, ended up feeling like I don't matter to them



Submitted April 20, 2021 at 01:47AM by gxrfxl https://ift.tt/3n3w5am
I feel like the less important one in the friend group and it hurts so bad. I feel like the less important one in the friend group and it hurts so bad. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 20, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.