Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I am (F27) supposed to be moving in with coworker (M32) as roommates. Just found out my boss (M33) had also discussed moving in with him. I feel awkward and things are messy.

I am a 27 year old woman who currently lives at with her family. My current commute is approximately 2+ hours door to door each way.

I had spoke to my coworker prior about looking to move and he mentioned that he had an available room, but that he would want anyone living with him to be on the lease with him since he’s planning on moving out in a few months. I said “I would love to check the place out!” I visited and I really liked the space, and I applied to be added to the lease. My coworker and I are not in the same department, and we do not have any overlap in responsibilities.

I was approved and technically am set to move in this weekend. I’ve signed the lease but have yet to send it to the property management.

Today in a meeting with my boss, he asked what my living plans will be in the foreseeable future for holiday scheduling. I told him that I am moving in with coworker as roommates and he seemed upset. Apparently months ago, coworker had mentioned it to him and boss had been interested. My boss had an emergency and unfortunately was out of the state for a time, and they had never solidified the plan. I was unaware of any conversations that they had had about the apartment. My boss said that he and coworker "aren’t friends" after finding out. I told him that if he wanted, when the other room opened up I would love to have him as a roommate, since my boss is moving to a new position and I will not be reporting to him. He said “Absolutely not.” After this meeting I found out after that several project deadlines were pushed up by about 3 days.

I don’t want to rock the boat anymore than it has already. Since I have not officially submitted my lease, it is not too late for me to give up my space to have my boss take the room if that is the right move. I am at a loss for how to proceed and it’s extremely frustrating because I really like my boss and don’t want to jeopardize my job.

What should I do? Should I give up the apartment and let my boss take it? Or should I stick with the current plan?

TL;DR- I applied and was approved to move in with a coworker. I'm supposed to move in this weekend, but just found out that my boss had wanted to live there. My Boss is now upset and I don't know how to proceed.



Submitted October 31, 2019 at 09:06PM by thrownitaway5 https://ift.tt/34mudPn
I am (F27) supposed to be moving in with coworker (M32) as roommates. Just found out my boss (M33) had also discussed moving in with him. I feel awkward and things are messy. I am (F27) supposed to be moving in with coworker (M32) as roommates. Just found out my boss (M33) had also discussed moving in with him. I feel awkward and things are messy. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.