Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22F) siblings (16F, 25F, 27M) act like I'm not a part of the family.

Backstory: I was raised by my grandparents since birth and met my father when I was 17, and at the same time found out that I have six siblings. I was super excited to finally have brothers and sisters but when I met them I felt like they didn't really care whether I existed or not. Their actions since meeting them have made me feel this way even more.

At my sister's baby shower, a few months after we met, she opened my present and card and asked "Who is OP?" I wrote it off then because I know it must not have been easy suddenly being introduced to a new sister, but at the time it still hurt. At the time, my Dad had left his wife and mother of my two youngest siblings to be with some other woman. This is when my eldest brother decided that this was my fault because the new woman he was with made me call her Mom. Dad's wife (they're back together now) had to explain to him that it wasnt my fault but he's acted indifferent to me ever since, I wasn't even invited to the baby showers for his two sons.

Then, my sister (mother of my two nieces) never invited me to my eldest niece's birthday parties when she was 1, 2, and 3. I didn't even meet her until she was about 8 months old. She has another daughter now and I absolutely adore being able to see them, but I hardly get to. At my eldest niece's 4th birthday in June, she didn't even remember who I was. Plus, at this birthday party, my stepmom had to make my little sister (16) tell me that she was pregnant. Everyone else in the family knew but me and it broke my heart.

Only my Dad and stepmom talked to me at the party, and eventually my boyfriend had to take us home because I was crying so much.

I dont talk to them because I feel like they dont want me, and maybe these problems are caused by me not talking to them regularly, but I dont know what else to do.

I understand that suddenly having another sibling takes time to get used to and is very hard to adjust to, but it's been 5 years. Should I keep trying to build relationships with them, or should I just give up and be happy with my Dad, stepmom, and two little siblings who absolutely adore me?

TL;DR my siblings make me feel like they dont even care that I exist.



Submitted September 06, 2019 at 05:56PM by piffypuff https://ift.tt/2ZP7mta
My (22F) siblings (16F, 25F, 27M) act like I'm not a part of the family. My (22F) siblings (16F, 25F, 27M) act like I'm not a part of the family. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.