Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (19m) friend's (19m) brother (11m) sort of came out to me, looking for advice?

Hi Reddit, I'm posting here today because I've found myself in a situation for which I feel unqualified. Hoping to get some helpful input.

I'll call my friend's little brother "Noah" because that's a random name that popped up in my head. Since I've started hanging out with my friend and coming over to his house, I've noticed Noah was shy but nevertheless attention-seeking like most kids. His older brother was always weirdly annoyed by Noah and would shoo him away if he tried to participate in whatever we were doing. I thought that was often an unnecessarily dickish move, so this one time I stood up for the kid and said he could stay (we were playing a video game). Since then, Noah has been clinging to me whenever I'm around, telling me random stories from school or sharing his thoughts. I don't mind at all, I think it's kind of adorable.

The other day I came to my friend's house to hang out and maybe go out later, but he was late due to pulling an extra hour at work. So I waited in the living room and played around on my phone. After awhile Noah came down from his bedroom and he seemed happy to see me. He took interest in the mobile game I was playing, then started babbling about school like usual. In the middle of the conversation, he just dropped the following: "...and you know about Jacob? I think I really like him." Jacob is a classmate of Noah's, if I remember correctly. At first I thought he meant as a friend, but he explained very non-chalantly this was a crush (it's all pretty innocent, he wants to hold the other kid's hand and watch a movie together). I was a little taken aback but kept it cool, and tried to find out if he'd told anyone else. He said no, and asked me if I thought his brother would find that weird. I said he wouldn't because it's not weird at all (I know my friend and he's not homophobic). Noah agreed but still asked me to keep this a secret.

Obviously, I won't go around telling anything to my friend or his parents, I'm mainly wondering if there's anything else I should've said to Noah? Or should I just drop the subject of his crush unless he brings it up again? I'm overanalyzing because I've never had a kid kind-of-sort-of come out to me and I feel like this is a sensitive subject.

Tl;dr Friend's little brother randomly told me about his crush on a male classmate the other day. Curious to find out if my reaction was fine and if I should add anything to it? I'm pretty inexperienced with this stuff.



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 01:00PM by someprivacyhere https://ift.tt/2UgQfyy
My (19m) friend's (19m) brother (11m) sort of came out to me, looking for advice? My (19m) friend's (19m) brother (11m) sort of came out to me, looking for advice? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.