Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I think my husband’s friend (37F) is using her new baby to get to my husband.

I’ve been with my husband Matt (35M) for six years. My husband has a huge social circle, and I’ve become very close with a lot of them. One in particular though, we’ll call her Mary, has always thought of herself and my husband as “best friends”, even though Matt would not describe her as such. They never dated, but Mary would use my husband as a sort of ‘emotional boyfriend’ before her husband came along, and they drifted a bit more once Matt and I started dating. Mary and I have always been really friendly to each other, but she’s very odd about communication. She will ONLY message Matt. If I message her about something, or Matt messages her within a group chat that I’m included in, she will always respond only to Matt.

Fast forward to now, Mary and her husband just had a baby 10 months ago, and they’ve named a friend of Mary’s as Godmother, and my husband as the Godfather.

My husband and I aren’t religious; neither is Mary or her husband, so we were a little surprised by this but thought it was nice. We bought them nice gifts when the baby was born, and have visited a few times. About the amount of involvement new parents want from their friends in the first year, I would think – there, but not ALWAYS there.

Apparently this is not good enough for Mary. She is very upset with Matt for not taking a more “active role” in his Godson’s life. He apparently never asks how the baby is (what is a 10 month old going to be other than “fine”?). Mary was mad that Matt didn’t come to the baby’s first doctor’s appointment – even though she didn’t invite the baby’s Godmother. Last month they redid the baby’s nursery, and she wanted Matt to come along to pick out the furniture. Matt and I are visiting my parents the weekend she requested, so he declined, but when Mary tried to reschedule Matt told her it was a little odd and he just plum didn’t want to go.

The most recent thing, is they’re approaching the first birthday. Mary texts Matt constantly about party themes, cake ideas, food ideas, decorations…he usually says something like “wife and I love this!” And even if I send her a message asking her how she or the baby is doing or saying I love the new nursery or the cake she sent Matt etc etc, she will leave my message read and then respond only to Matt. Mary has asked Matt to come early to help set up – she specified “Just you Matt”. Not the Godmother, or me. Matt said he would, because after the nursery thing he felt things were a little strained between him and Mary. But I feel very odd about it. I’m tired of this “Mary and Matt Only” club that she’s tried to cultivate for years, and I just need to know if I’m justified in my annoyance here, and what can I do about it?

TLDR: My husband’s friend is using her new baby to get closer to my husband, what can I do about it?



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 07:51AM by OhBabyProblems1234 https://ift.tt/2tHuQCZ
I think my husband’s friend (37F) is using her new baby to get to my husband. I think my husband’s friend (37F) is using her new baby to get to my husband. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.