Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (30m) am so lonely in my marriage to my wife (31f)

Background: I met my wife in first grade. We’ve been married nearly a decade and have an eight month old child.

I am so incredibly lonely. I took my full paternity leave when my child was born of two weeks. My wife is a poor producer so I fed our child with a syringe. I bonded immediately and I cherish my child.

My job is very demanding and I work about 80 hours a week. My wife was born to be a mother, and is exceptional. Unfortunately she is also unique (I think?) in that she has no desire to be separate from our child. She co-sleeps, and doesn’t allow babysitting. I can’t sleep in my bed anymore because I can’t afford to lose any sleep and maintain my performance at my job. My wife doesn’t work, though candidly I believe the full time care of our child is as demanding as my job if not more so.

I am struggling immensely. We were very close our entire lives. Our marriage was a great partnership. Where we are now feels very disconnected. I haven’t been on a single date with my wife in eight months. I’ve talked with her about my feelings and that I want to go out. My wife cries at the thought of leaving our child at home. I’ve told her how much I appreciate that she is a great mom, but that I feel pushed out. Nothing seems to “pierce” her commitment to our child, and that I have to deal with it. We’ve gone out the three of us, but we can’t focus on each other. It’s so demanding dealing with the diapers, milk, supplement formula, noise, cleaning, etc.

At work I fantasize about holding hands with someone, about going to dinner, about seeing movies. Everyone tells me it gets better, but I don’t know how I can make it.

TLDR: Great mother, lonely husband. Talking isn’t working.



Submitted February 28, 2019 at 05:19PM by BusinessThrow77 https://ift.tt/2VtCw7o
I (30m) am so lonely in my marriage to my wife (31f) I (30m) am so lonely in my marriage to my wife (31f) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.