Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26/f) told my partner (28/m) a white lie on our first date and I’m going to be exposed in six weeks.

I met my partner on tinder, on our first date I didn’t feel much chemistry so when he asked if I was from Country A as my accent sounded like such to his English ears, I said yes. I am actually from country B.

I said I was born in country A, where my parents are supposedly from, but moved to country B when I was 8. I have visited country A but have never lived there and don’t share much common ancestry. I did not expect to see this man ever again.

Five years later, he still believes I am from country A and it’s weirdly become part of my identity. Both countries are relatively similar so it’s been easy to fake. In the beginning of our relationship, it wasn’t often discussed and I was still in a weird young needy phase so kept it up as I thought it was something he liked about me. I realise this was dumb but it then felt like it was too late to be like “I’m actually B-ish!” He’s never met my family and I don’t think he suspects anything.

My sisters wedding is in six weeks and we are both attending. Obviously the time has come to admit this lie but I’ve no idea how to do so. Do I go serious? Do I try and make him find it funny? I am a complete idiot but our relationship is very healthy other than my whole nationality being a fraud.

TLDR told a bad date I was a different nationality, we’ve been in a relationship for 5 years and he’s about to meet my entire family.

Edit :

-Both A & B are very similar countries to an outsider, A is probably more famous. They share a language and it’s very common for someone to have dual nationality A/B however I do not.

-in country C where I currently live, I am regularly asked if I am from country A and I often used to reply yes to make people feel good about themselves. I suffered/suffer from being a massive people pleaser.

-the lie isn’t a big lie supported by lots of little lies, it’s really just the big lie. The above points mean I’ve not had to really put in much effort to maintain the lie.



Submitted March 29, 2019 at 05:56PM by switchbass1 https://ift.tt/2TIW0Uj
I (26/f) told my partner (28/m) a white lie on our first date and I’m going to be exposed in six weeks. I (26/f) told my partner (28/m) a white lie on our first date and I’m going to be exposed in six weeks. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.