Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [m/23] have been dating a girl [f/27] for a month. My best friend [m/28] asked her to spend the day with him on our boat without telling me about it, twice.

Hey all, I'll try to keep this short and simple.

About a month ago I was at a music festival in France with my best friend (let's call him S) and I met this really great girl (let's call her E). It turns out that she lives in the same city as me, she moved there 2 months ago (I don't live in France). My best friend (S) lives in another city, it's a 1h30 drive from where I live.

A few days after the festival, once I got back home, I went out with E for drinks and we ended up hooking up. The day after, she texted me that she had just gotten out of a relationship (2 months ago) and didn't want to dive into another one right away but she really wanted us to stay friends because she likes me a lot. I said no problem and we left it at that. We saw each other a couple times again and ended up hooking up again. We've now been dating for about a month and it's been great.

3 weeks ago, S (who has a girlfriend btw) asked E if she wanted to come to his city to go spend the day on the boat that we own together (small sailing ship, nothing too fancy, we basically got it for free but that's another story). He obviously knew that we'd been dating because we tell each other everything and he knew that I like her a lot (I'm not in love or anything, I just like her a lot, for now.).

Problem is, he didn't tell me about it and I found out because she asked me if I wanted to come. I couldn't because it was the middle of the week and I had to work. I called him and told him that this whole situation kind of bothered me, especially since they had seen each other just that one time at the festival and it seemed really odd that he would invite her on the boat alone. I told him that it felt really weird to me that he would invite her without inviting me too or even telling me about it. In the end he kind of cancelled the whole thing and instead we (me and E) spent the week-end at his house with him and his girlfriend. Great week-end.

Tonight, so 3 weeks later, E texts me to ask me if I'm free on Wednesday. Once again, middle of the week, I'm not free I have to work. I ask her why and she tells me that S invited her to go spend the day on the boat... again. And again, S didn't invite me or even tell me about it. I told her that I can't go and asked her if she'll go. She said she probably will.

I'm kind of confused right now and I don't know what to do. I wanna wait to see if S will tell me that he invited her but at the same time I really want to confront him about it. I feel kind of betrayed by my best friend to be honest.

I don't feel like talking about it to E because that kind of discussion would probably spark the "are we a couple" talk and since she just got dumped, I really wanna take things slow with her and give her as much time as she needs before thinking about getting into a new relationship.

Over the last year I've hooked up with a few different girls and she's the only one that makes me forget about my ex that I broke up with last year. My best friend knows that.

I've met his girlfriend many times and we get along really well. If the roles were reversed and I was the one inviting his girlfriend to spend the day with me without telling him about it? Fuck that, I'd never do that.

Am I an asshole for reacting like this? We've only been dating for a month, I feel like I have no right to be mad about this. I don't really know...

tl;dr : I've been dating a girl for a month and I really like her, my best friend asked her to go spend the day with him on our boat without telling me about it, twice.



Submitted November 02, 2018 at 07:31PM by AppleNut07 https://ift.tt/2CYr65C
I [m/23] have been dating a girl [f/27] for a month. My best friend [m/28] asked her to spend the day with him on our boat without telling me about it, twice. I [m/23] have been dating a girl [f/27] for a month. My best friend [m/28] asked her to spend the day with him on our boat without telling me about it, twice. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.