Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

roommate wants solo use of common areas

roommate wants the common areas to himself

Tl/Dr: My (35f) housemate (29m) just asked me if I'd mind leaving the house on Thursday so he could have the common areas to himself w a date. I suggested that our rooms are for private spaces and he got mad. Am I wrong?

My housemate came home and spontaneously asked if I could leave the house at a certain time later this week so he could have the common areas to himself. In my opinion, bedrooms are private spaces. Common rooms are shared, and its ok to ask but not ok to demand if I leave. So I asked if he could just use him room and he got huffy and walked off saying "well I'll have a date over so fair warning." I don't care if he has company, but he can't expect me to leave the house. It seemed like he just didn't like my answer and stormed off before we had a full conversation about it.

As an aside, I'm gone most of the time. I work away from home long hours, stay late to study for an upcoming exam, and have a lot.of social engagements. My few evenings at home are precious. he is almost always home, works from home and doesn't leave in the evenings often. So I resent being asked to leave my own house more than I already am, but I also think it's reasonable to remind him that he has a bedroom for private space.

Am I in the wrong here?



Submitted October 31, 2022 at 11:16PM by discojagrawr https://ift.tt/Co7VAbE
roommate wants solo use of common areas roommate wants solo use of common areas Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.