Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (42F) boyfriend (45M) of one year broke up with me and I think I love him even more now. Need advice.

We are still friends with my boyfriend’s exwife. She’s a great person and we hang out a bunch. They broke up years ago when they realized they just weren’t sexually compatible and chose to stay friends. In my 20s I would never talk to an ex ever again and would go full no contact. As I got older I made better choices with my relationships and I am still friends with some exes as well. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out but you can still appreciate them as people. I was completely OK with knowing he was friends with his ex because I have been in similar situations before and I wound up becoming friends with her. We even hang out without him!

Sometimes she would randomly cry just sitting watching a movie or even out to dinner. She would disappear to the bathroom for a while and come out with red eyes and tell us she thinks she’s just going to go home. My boyfriend just told me she’s dealing with some private personal things and to just let it go because it’s not something she wants to talk about openly with anyone.

All three of us live alone currently. He said we really need to talk and to come over after work. I love him so much and had this feeling of dread wash over me. He sat me down and bursted into tears. His exwife was given a 6 month cancer prognosis. Both of her parents have already passed away and she has no children. He told me that we have to break up because he wants his exwife to move in with him so she can spend the last 6 months with someone and not die alone. You’d think I would be upset but my heart broke in a way I have never felt before. He is such a sweet, kind person and my love for him grew ten times over. He told me he loves me and doesn’t want it to end but he also does not want to burden me with this situation. I have never had someone break up with me and wind up loving them even more and it’s making this much harder to deal with. I’m not sure what to do now and just wanted to see what anyone else thinks about this. I’m completely crushed.

I am willing to move in with him and would happily live with both of them but I don't know if it's something I can even offer. I have seen her crying in his arms before and I think he wants to be able to comfortably have those moments with her without feeling like I'm judging him. I am completely OK with it, ESPECIALLY after finding out the reason why. I just don't know don't know how to approach this with him. I feel like I'm being selfish but at the same time he genuinely loves me too and I could tell he really did not want to break up. He could barely hold himself together to tell me. What can I/should I do about this? Is it OK to bring up options with him?

TL;DR - My boyfriend wants his exwife to move back in with him because she has 6 months to live and I love him even more now



Submitted November 01, 2022 at 12:20PM by Artistic-Ad5509 https://ift.tt/LmAXv75
My (42F) boyfriend (45M) of one year broke up with me and I think I love him even more now. Need advice. My (42F) boyfriend (45M) of one year broke up with me and I think I love him even more now. Need advice. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.