Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Parents hating on my GF for not doing enough when visiting them. Is this reasonable?

GF[25F] of 2.5 years visited my[30M] parents[59M/F] for the first time. We might be getting married this year. And on the surface my parents said they had a good time but afterwards they called me saying they hated my GF for being really selfish. This is an Asian family btw but all of the reasons sound super silly to me but I was wondering what others might think....

  • GF used a bath/washroom of her own and had some hair on the tile (ground) and some white soap(?) on the shower doors when she left. Otherwise she did clean the bath drain.
  • GF left a book lying around in her room after leaving. We slept in separate rooms because I have trouble sleeping with someone (light sleeper). She folded the bed/comforter otherwise.
  • GF is a light but consistent drinker. Like 1 glass a day type person. My parents do not like this. But for whatever reason they offered her to drink while she was here (to lighten the mood?). But parents complained that she might be an alcoholic because she poured her own drink during one of the nights....
  • GF got very car sick, but being afraid to offend my parents, held it in for 3~4 hours. We came back from a light trip and without saying anything to my parents she went to her room to recover. Parents think this is rude and GF should've at least said "Sorry I feel sick, I will go to my room".
  • GF closes the door too loudly (I did not notice this at all even though I slept in the room next to her?)
  • GF might have thrown away a used period napkin in the washroom garbage can. Though she claims she did not do this because she's reaaally self-conscious about this and used a plastic bag that she stored them in and threw them away elsewhere later.

Are my parents being a bit overboard? Honestly I didn't even think anything was wrong during the 4 days and at least half of the points they made sound kinda silly. Just a boomer parents thing? Otherwise my GF was trying REALLY hard to have a good connection with my parents. Honestly it feels a bit harsh but wanted to get more perspectives.

tl:dr; gf didn't clean up well enough after a 4 day visit to my parents'. Are they being unreasonable?



Submitted May 08, 2022 at 02:22AM by len_anonymous https://ift.tt/4Q5eJXP
Parents hating on my GF for not doing enough when visiting them. Is this reasonable? Parents hating on my GF for not doing enough when visiting them. Is this reasonable? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 08, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.