Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (23f) being stalked by this guy (28m)?

I'm a little freaked out right now. I went on one date with this guy from a dating app and quickly realised he was a love-bombing, narcissistic maniac.

Anyway, when I ended things with him (I just simply said we weren't suited to each other without going into detail), he didn't take it well. He accused me of having clouded judgement and said I was making up a scenario in my head. He also sent me a picture that he took of me on our date and said he would be deleting it. Safe to say, quite an extreme reaction. I didn't take the bait at first and just reiterated my farewell. Then he messaged a bit later to ask what he did wrong, called me (I didn't answer), and messaged again. I eventually ended up explaining in a very long text why his behaviour was making me uncomfortable and how he seemed manipulative and possessive.

He sent me a message apologising (which actually surprised me as I thought he would argue back) and said there were no hard feelings. Then I just said I accepted his apology, bid farewell and blocked him and thought that was the end of it.

Anyway, then I got a phone call off his number (I'd blocked him on Whatsapp but not on iMessage/text messages), which I ignored. Then I blocked his number on iMessage/text messages. Then I got a message from his email address via iMessage (no clue how he did that - but it shows he knows how to get around his phone number being blocked...) - it was a screenshot of our conversation on Whatsapp. Basically after I blocked him on Whatsapp, he'd sent me a message saying that he thought I was cool and would still like to meet up with me (and carry through out original plans for our second date). Then he'd realised he had been blocked, so had contacted me through iMessage instead.

I sent him a blunt text basically saying it wasn't cool he was getting in contact with me after I'd blocked him, that I didn't want to meet up and that it was over. I then blocked the email on my phone. That was two days ago.

But today I logged into my laptop (which also receives iMessage) and I saw that he'd sent me another message via his email. I'm not sure why his email wasn't also blocked on my laptop. Anyway, he'd completely ignored my previous message saying that I didn't want to meet up and it wasn't cool he was texting me after I'd blocked him. Instead he'd sent a message about an update on his job and said he had to 'thank me' for making it happen (no idea why).

I'm not gonna lie - I'm very freaked out right now. I find it so unsettling that he's just texted me out of the blue like this, completely disregarding my message and just acting like everything is fine. I'm terrified this is the beginning of something more sinister. I'm really worried about the personal info I revealed to him before I ended things - like where I work. I wasn't very specific but it would actually be easy to find out my place of work. I also unfortunately have a digital footprint which I can't erase (it's connected to my work).

I've blocked his email on my laptop and I've also blocked him on all other social media I have (we never added each other on them, but I found his accounts and blocked them just in case). Also, I regret sending him that long message explaining why I thought he was acting possessively and being manipulative. I worded it as nicely as I could, but I think more than anything it a) showed I was concerned and b) maybe gave him some sort of pleasure in a weird way?

Am I overreacting? Is there any way to stop this in its tracks? I know this is very early days but I've never experienced anything like this and I'm worried it might spiral out of control...

TL;DR: I met a guy off a dating app and soon realised he was a lovebombing narcissistic nutcase. I ended things with him and made it clear I didn't want to meet up or stay in contact. He seems to be brazenly ignoring me and keeps messaging me. I'm worried this will spiral out of control and want to stop it in its tracks. Am I being stalked by him and, if so, what should I do?



Submitted November 19, 2021 at 02:14PM by testingg1234 https://ift.tt/3ny80ue
Am I (23f) being stalked by this guy (28m)? Am I (23f) being stalked by this guy (28m)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 20, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.