Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (37M) GF (36F) is upset because I am watching my and my ex-wifes dog for a week.

Split with the wife in January after 6 years together. Wife had a dog when I met her and he lived with us for those 6 years as well.

Been with new GF for about 5 months, like her very much, we get along quite well on a lot of levels.

New GF is upset that I agreed to watch the doggo while my ex is on a week of vacation. She wants to know why the ex doesn't find someone else to watch him. But the dog is comfortable in my house, and with me. And I miss him. It seems like a win for everyone.

I've spoken to her about why she feels like this is bad and she says that it is keeping links with the past alive. Technically correct, but only because I like the dog. Me and my ex are on speaking terms, but there is ZERO chance of a reunion due to her infidelity. I feel like new GF can't separate me wanting to see the dog, and me trying to keep a connection with my ex.

Am I in the wrong here? Am I crossing some unspoken boundary that I don't know exists? I feel like its kinda childish to make me choose between watching the dog and her.. but she says if I'm not willing to cut ties with the ex, then she needs to think about what type of principles I have.

TLDR; My GF is upset because I am watching my and my ex-wifes dog for a week because she thinks it's keeping a connection alive.



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 03:53PM by fisterpoon https://ift.tt/2DzAs7h
My (37M) GF (36F) is upset because I am watching my and my ex-wifes dog for a week. My (37M) GF (36F) is upset because I am watching my and my ex-wifes dog for a week. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.