Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25f] husband [31m] told me his family comes first because they were there before I was. Am I wrong to feel upset?

My husband of 2 years' mother does not like me. She is a very emotional and irrational person and thinks with her heart instead of her brain. What started this hatred was a year ago my husbands brother in law (his sisters husband) [40M] started calling me non stop asking me to date him, go out with him, run off with him etc. He has been flirtatious with me since day one and I knew he was no good.

I told my husband immediately about it to see if he could stop it. My husband was mad at me at first because he thought I was fixing to cheat on him but when I was able to show him that I never did anything to warrant that sort of invite he calmed down. But then his sister [40f] found out and told everyone in their family that I was seducing her husband and that I am a home-wrecker. All of which is false.So anyway, after things got bad, the brother in law finally admitted that he called me and that we never did anything. So things calmed down, but I was seen as the bad guy here and ever since then the mother had been angry with me.

Last night me and my husband were at his parents place and his mother instigated an argument with me for no reason . So here I was in the middle of the kitchen, it was his mother yelling at me while the father and my husband just watched and then on occasion my husband chimed in that he agreed with his mother.

On the car ride home I told him that I am his wife and he should take my side. He responded that his family comes first because they are his family, and since I am new to the family I dont get priority, his mother and father come first because they were always there for him and raised him while I have only been here for 2 years.

Reddit, I am not good with arguments, I dont know how to respond to something like this. I think as his wife I should come first but I dont know how to rationalize this. Please help.

TL/DR: My husband believes that he should take his mothers side over mine and I dont know how to tell him that I disagree.



Submitted December 08, 2019 at 11:41AM by someredditusername3 https://ift.tt/36kG95l
My [25f] husband [31m] told me his family comes first because they were there before I was. Am I wrong to feel upset? My [25f] husband [31m] told me his family comes first because they were there before I was. Am I wrong to feel upset? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.