Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (20F) girlfriend (21F) is in the psych ward and her mom won't tell me where she is

I've been with my gf for 8 months, and she has struggled with bipolar disorder throughout her whole life. She has attempted suicide before and been in the psych ward several times (neither of these while we were dating) but is now medicated (on lithium) and is doing okay despite everything she has been through (she also has PTSD). We've been through some really rough moments as a result of her disorder but we have gotten through it. I love her and plan on continuing our relationship despite her disorder. I was flying back Tuesday from Thanksgiving break and I got a text from my gf that her psychiatrist was sending her to the ER. Of course this made me extremely worried. I texted her mother when I landed (because gf's phone was turned off/taken away at psych ward) to ask about what was going on. Her mom told me that she was going to be admitted and was okay and that I could email her and she would respond when she could.

I sent my gf an email and she messaged me on Facebook messenger a few hours later, telling me that she was okay, she would call, and that I could come visit and to ask her mom for the details. We talked for a few minutes and she clarified that her psychiatrist sent her in for suicide ideation (she didn't actually attempt), then she had to go. Since then, I've only gotten a few sporadic messages from her.

I texted her mom the next day asking where my gf was staying and when I could visit. She replied telling me to email my gf about visiting (which i did) and that maybe my gf could "use some space to get better first". Essentially she refused to tell me where my gf was staying or any information about visiting. I attempted to text her again yesterday but my messages wouldn't deliver, so it is possible she blocked me? I tried to call but she didn't pick up. Because I was away for break I haven't seen my gf for two weeks. I noticed she was feeling badly before I left and when we talked when I was home for Thanksgiving, and me being away certainly made her feel worse/alone. Not being able to see her or hear from her has really stressed me out and I'm really worried about her, and I hate being left in the dark like this. I have no idea how long she will be in there. The only other person I could contact is her brother but I have no good way of reaching him except trying to DM his private instagram, but I also don't want to upset her mother further by doing so (gf and her brother live with her mother and her mother exerts a lot of control over her life bc of her mental illness). I don't know what to do at this point and I don't want to wait this out and not be there for my gf when she needs me. Should I try to keep texting her mom or possibly DM her brother?

TLDR: My bipolar gf is in the psych ward, wants me to visit, her mother won't tell me where the hospital is/if I can call or visit. It's really important to me that I see her but I don't know what to do.



Submitted December 08, 2019 at 09:07AM by Maleficent-Kiwi https://ift.tt/38kChCY
My (20F) girlfriend (21F) is in the psych ward and her mom won't tell me where she is My (20F) girlfriend (21F) is in the psych ward and her mom won't tell me where she is Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.